Persistent problem connecting to the Electrolux cloud?
Some robots have not been able to connect to the Electrolux cloud since the end of November. There seems to be a problem which prevents some robots from correctly establishing the time and date via the internet and this can lead to the robot not being able to connect.
If you don't have connection problems with your robot, then ignore this post.
The problem is not related to the robots themselves, but something in between the robot and the internet (local router settings? ISP settings? not necessarily under your control or ours). Most robots are not affected by this, but we have made a new firmware release for those who are.
If you do have persistent connection problems, then you will understand that a normal over-the-air update won't work, so we are making the firmware available for download and installation via the robot's USB port. Please see the instructions below.
The robot can be manually upgraded using the USB connector hidden by the dust-bin.
- Download the right firmware for your robot. Normally the cloud picks the right version for you, but when updating via USB you need to choose: Pure i9 /Rx9 or Pure i9.2/Rx9.2
- Remove the dust-bin and pull out the small rubber protector for the USB port.
- Connect the robot to your computer using a micro USB cable, leading to it showing up as a mass storage device. NB! Some USB cables are only for charging and won't work for data transfer! Verify with other device.
- Put the downloaded firmware file on the device.
- Use the "safely remove device" option, to make sure the file is properly written.
- Unplug cable. Upgrade should start. If the robot says "the software is not compatible", check that you copied the right version and repeat the process if necessary. The robot should restart itself after the upgrade.
The license information for the firmware can be found here: