Laser Sensor Glasses; Robot Connectivity

LorenzLorenz Member

1) One of the Laser Sensor Glasses fell out. Could you advise how can I put apart front panel to put this piece of glass back? (see attached pictures)

2) Robot disconnects from WiFi, if I change the SSID to "Hidden Network" - I think this is a gap and force me to make my network being visible by neighbors. Could you advise if there is a workaround or fix it in next firmware release?

Best Answer

Answers

• raahlbraahlb Member, Moderator mod

Hi,
    Currently there is no workaround for this. We will have to get back to you regarding a possible fix.

Do note that using hidden networks do not protect you very much. Whenever a device connects to the network the SSID will be visible - for example whenever you get home from work and your phone connects to it.

• > @Lorenz said:
    > 1) One of the Laser Sensor Glasses fell out. Could you advise how I can put apart the front panel to put this piece of glass back? (see attached pictures)

There is an easy fix:

I know it's an old post, but it is the only thing I found on the internet about this problem. After fiddling around it for half an hour, I decided to try this with the risk of breaking it. And it worked! Easier than expected.

On the locations marked in the picture (towards the camera), there is a slot where you can wedge a thin flat screwdriver (preferably a plastic one; or just be careful not to bend the margins).
    The plastic piece around the laser sensor pops out so you can insert the plastic glass that fell.
    After, you just reinsert it with the side opposite of the camera first.