Version 40.17 now available

Saw that a new version is out. Finally able to send the robot directly to clean a area. I think that with the new functions and actually a lot improved cleaning since we bought our robot this is the best robot out there now😊👍

Still a few fixes to be taken care of:

Ifttt triggers are really slow. Often like 1h behind what the robot is actually doing.

Threshold functionality could be improved.

Shortcuts for different rooms to clean from when long pressing the pure i9 icon in the home screen.

Comments

  • berlintapesberlintapes Member ✭✭

    Siri Shortcuts with the new zone selection would be awesome!

  • ThomasThomas Member

    40.17 is absolutely magic - it cleans so thoroughly that I am about to ditch my exisiting maps and let it create new ones. Also the custom cleaning is wonderful. I wish 40.17 was the version shipped with the unit at the start. applause

  • KirkKirk Member

    Upgraded till the latest version and created zones to clean on my previously created maps. But regrettably the new beautiful feature called “custom cleaning” doesn’t actually work on my vac! No matter how many times you press “clean now” button in the app. Any suggestions how can it be fixed??

  • frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

    Sorry to hear that. Does it do a full cleaning instead or does it not back out of the charger at all?

  • bjoernbjoern Member

    @Kirk said:
    Upgraded till the latest version and created zones to clean on my previously created maps. But regrettably the new beautiful feature called “custom cleaning” doesn’t actually work on my vac! No matter how many times you press “clean now” button in the app. Any suggestions how can it be fixed??

    same here. vac cleaner doesn't move when selection a zone and hitting the "clean now" button.

  • frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

    Ok. Could you go into Floorplanner and just slightly move a zone and press save? Then try to run again with custom play.

  • bjoernbjoern Member

    @frekan said:
    Ok. Could you go into Floorplanner and just slightly move a zone and press save? Then try to run again with custom play.

    that worked. thanks.

  • 40.17 is a great update. Congratulations and thank you.
    It has a bunch of great new features including "AvoidZones" which now work, clean a specific zone, and generally less loitering and more cleaning.
    This is great.

  • VimFuagoVimFuago Member

    Will the web service IFTTT implement zones in th future? It would be great to ask the robot to start cleaning a named zone via Google home.

  • melstigmelstig Member

    This version removes the possibility to enable/disable WiFi by pressing the "physical" buttons on the i9.
    1. Longpress Home (the house symbol), then longpress ECO. The display shows "LAN".
    2. Press Play. The display shows "on".
    3. Press ECO to toggle between "on" and "off", then press Play to select.

    The only way with 40.17 is to put files in the flash-drive through the USB Service port which is more tricky.
    1. Connect the robot to a computer via USB, as described above.
    2. Copy an empty file named “Enable_WiFi” or “Disable_WiFi” to the robot.
    3. Disconnect the USB cable and the robot will enable or disable WiFi, as ordered.

    This information can be found in the Open-Source Software Information from Electrolux.

    Why is the first, more easy method, removed and can it be added again?

  • magnus_lindhemagnus_lindhe Member ✭✭

    @melstig said:
    This version removes the possibility to enable/disable WiFi by pressing the "physical" buttons on the i9.
    1. Longpress Home (the house symbol), then longpress ECO. The display shows "LAN".
    2. Press Play. The display shows "on".
    3. Press ECO to toggle between "on" and "off", then press Play to select.

    The only way with 40.17 is to put files in the flash-drive through the USB Service port which is more tricky.
    1. Connect the robot to a computer via USB, as described above.
    2. Copy an empty file named “Enable_WiFi” or “Disable_WiFi” to the robot.
    3. Disconnect the USB cable and the robot will enable or disable WiFi, as ordered.

    This information can be found in the Open-Source Software Information from Electrolux.

    Why is the first, more easy method, removed and can it be added again?

    Hi,

    The new Pure i9.2 robot doesn't have any numerical display, so the old procedure with an onboard menu doesn't work. We therefore decided to use the method with files on all robots (i.e. also Pure i9) from now on, to avoid having multiple methods in use at the same time.

    We also got some feedback that users sometime activate the hidden menus by mistake, which makes for a very confusing user experience. So we think that the new method takes a little longer, but allows for fewer mistakes.

  • melstigmelstig Member

    @magnus_lindhe said:
    Hi,

    The new Pure i9.2 robot doesn't have any numerical display, so the old procedure with an onboard menu doesn't work. We therefore decided to use the method with files on all robots (i.e. also Pure i9) from now on, to avoid having multiple methods in use at the same time.

    We also got some feedback that users sometime activate the hidden menus by mistake, which makes for a very confusing user experience. So we think that the new method takes a little longer, but allows for fewer mistakes.

    Hi, I fully understand the decision to use the same function/software in both i9 and i9.2 but for me with an i9 it was better before.

    I have one other problem with this software version 40.17. When putting the i9 to sleep by pressing play/pause button for 1-2 seconds, instead if just turning off, the display starts to "spin" as a normal startup does from deep sleep. But after 50 s or so the display freezes, keeping some of the display segments lit, different segments each time. I have a video but it was to large to attach, please let me know if you want it I'll sort it out.

    The problem have also occured also after a normal cleaning cycle after returning to the base so it does not seem to occur only when manually putting it to rest.

    I have reinstalled the 40.17 version and it seemed ok for a while, but after some time the same strange behaviour occurs again. After enabling the Wifi and disabling it again the i9 behaves normal but for how long I do not know yet.

  • frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

    Hi, thanks for the bug report! We will investigate it and try to find a solution. In the meanwhile and if possible, you may run the robot with wifi enabled to avoid the problem.

  • melstigmelstig Member

    Hi, the problem is still present in version 40.18. The robot seem get down in deep sleep but some sectors the display is still lit. This is with wifi disabled. I do not know if the robot draws more power but that should be true but I assume that you are workin on a fix as promised.

  • SumitraVengalilSumitraVengalil Administrator admin

    Hi melstig,
    Thanks for reporting this. We are aware that the issue persists in 40.18. This issue is being looked into and will be mostly fixed by our upcoming release.

Sign In or Register to comment.