Pure i9.2 does not connect to wifi (new router, wifi6)

jakubjakub Member

I've bought a new router - ASUS TUF-AX5400. Several devices are not able to connect, including Pure i9.2 (and ipad mini2, huawei P smart, google mini home). I've tried nearly everything (updated router firmware, disabled wifi 6, set WPA2-Private, limited to n protocol) so I've literally downgraded to my old ASUS RT-N18U, which worked fine with all devices.

My current setting is separate SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, disabled ax protocol, WPA2-Private. I've tried to disable the airtime fairness, roaming assistant etc. but it's not working. One and only setting that helped was removing the password at all - all the mentionded devices were able to connect. I believe this issue is caused by the router, call it a feature or a bug - just wanted to share with the community and hoping a little that maybe someone had a similar issue and was luckier with the solution.

off topic: I'd like to thank you for this forum as it gave me some hints what to try and I have learned why there's an micro usb near the dust bin and how to say "firmware upgrade" in swedish :)

Greetings from Czech Republic

Best Answer

• jakubjakub Member
    Answer ✓

The solution is (at least in my case) to switch the wifi authentication setting "protected management frames" from "required" to "capable" or "disabled" - both work. Pure i9.2 can even work with the smart connect feature (one SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz) and wifi 6 mode allowed, so it was not necessary to give up the new features.