Map not updating fully

phil700phil700 Member

As you see above, when I edit my latest map (which initially showed the whole area I want to save) so that I can bring up the save option, it only shows me a partial version of the map. This is after I have got the cleaner to do several forced runs to the most right-hand room shown on this map to try and get it included.

This is after I have got the cleaner to do several forced runs to the most right-hand room shown on this map to try and get it included.

Now it is included, But the left-hand top and the left-hand bottom rooms are not shown!

What can I do to try and remedy this? I’m getting frustrated and desperate to get to the position of being able to send my cleaner to a specific room but obviously I cannot do this until I have collated a total map of my house so that I can then define different zones.

Answers

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

So is the darker grey map in the first screenshot the one you want to save?

See if there is more than one map saved in the robot's memory. It seems as if the partial map which you showed above might be saved by the robot as a separate map to the larger, initial one. This can happen if the robot doesn't realise that the two maps are in fact the same area. You can delete the partial one from your robot's memory using the app if it is not correct.

• phil700phil700 Member

No it’s only had that one map in its memory. I am going to move it further to the left of a piece of furniture that it is close to, delete the maps and start again and see if it helps…