Connection issue

PatrikPatrik Member

Can't connect robot to the app. I tried to unplug then re-plug the robot then reinstall the app but connections was still unsuccessful. WiFi light on the robot is solid. This message appears after scanning/inputting the barcode.

"connection error, cannot communicate with the robot. Try again later."

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinKwarnmarkMartinKwarnmark Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Before trying the onboarding again try a restart of the robot.
    Long press play until you see OFF in the display. Insert in the charger to restart.

Please let us know how it goes

• tongtong Member

I have lost the connection after i changed my router. I tried to reinstall the software and connection but got stucked at wifi setting page. Any way to reset the purei9 software to factory settings?

• I've got the same issue. I would like to be able to reset the purei9 to its factory default and also remove the robot from my cloud account so I can add it again.

What are our options? The robot refuses to connect to wifi and the wifi flicks on and off. The rest of the house is fully connected to the router with no issues

• Edit: fixed!!! Disabled 5GHz and ran setup again. Worked like a charm!!!

• NoiNoi Member

Huawei p9 plus cannot connect to robot.

Is it phone issue?

• MartinKwarnmarkMartinKwarnmark Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi Noi,
    It should not be a phone issue.
    What is the symptom, where in the onboarding process does it fail?

• nicknick Member

Hi i have issue with my bot, my bot seems to be not able to connect to wifi. i try to restart and redo the setup but i can't connect to the bots wifi, how can i connect ?

• raahlbraahlb Member, Moderator mod

@nick, you mean your phone cannot connect to the robot during the onboarding process?
    When you turn the robot upside down, does it show "hots" on its display?

• RodyRody Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a similar problem: my cell phone can't connect to the robot. Home WiFi is enabled at only 2.4Ghz and I even turned mobile data off. After trying for 3-4 times my phone says can't connect with network.
    What should I do?

• RodyRody Member

btw. when turned upside down the robot's display shows "hots"

@Rody, does your phone list the "3DVision..." network but cannot connect, or does not even list it?

Can you collect the logs per https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting#latest?

• Karolina_SKarolina_S Member

Hi!

just baught the Pure i9.2 and cannot connect the robot to my wifi. It gets kicked out in the last step.

im going crazy over this. What could be wrong?

I have changed my WiFi settings, splitting up the 5 and 2,4 ghz.

i have restarted everything that can be restarted. And I am sitting next to my router with the robot to make sure it has a good connection.

please help out. :)

@Karolina_S
    Hi,
    Please collect the logs as per this post: https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting

Attach them to a post here. Preferably collect them just after trying the on-boarding.

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member

Similar problems here. Updated my router firmware today, after the router rebooted, every other device is my household reconnected without any problems whatsoever, except 1, the Pure i9 It shows a flashing wifi symbol. Have powered it down and back up again, but it's not having any of it. It refuses to connect.

Why is this process so painful? why do I need to onboard my robot each time my network resets? The robot isn't even connected to my router, it doesn't even get it's IP address from it (the mesh wifi does all that). Everything else connected to the mesh is fine. For some reason the robot isn't happy.

Please fix this nonsense,

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member

In the end I had to reset my robot, and as a result lost all my room training, so have to start again.

When the next firmware arrive, no doh t that will junk all the training also.

edited June 18

@VimFuago, the next release will have connectivity fixes, making it much better at reconnecting.

Normally rebooting the robot should solve everything, though, making me a bit worried about your situation. Could you collect the logs just after reproducing the error?

• eebeeeebee Member

When will the new release happen? I’m also in this situation with a new modem that has a new password. No connection to my phone. Have tried resetting without success.
    So when is the next update?

• eebeeeebee Member

Also how will I get new updates if cannot connect to wifi?

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

If you have a new modem and a new password, I presume you mean that the wifi password (and possibly the SSID, or network name) are changed. In that case you need to onboard the robot again. Select "setup new robot" in the app, and then set up your robot again, giving it the same name as before. This may not be the most intuitively obvious thing to do, so we are working on improving this in the app.

• eebeeeebee Member

Thank you this worked😀😊.
    I was trying to set up again by giving it a new name.