Cannot "create" a map of my home

blakesp26blakesp26 Member

I've had this stupid robot for about 6 months. I had read that once it FULLY maps my floors, I will be able to save the map. Then I can schedule tasks and such.

However, now 6 months in and I STILL CANNOT SAVE A MAP. Most of the time the robot gets lost and can't find home before it runs out of power. But even on instances where it has in fact cleaned all of my floors and goes back home without help (rare), I still cannot save it. There is no option ANYWHERE on the Wellbeing app or on the Purei9 app that allows me to save a map.

This is super frustrating. The machine cleans very well....but it would be nice to get the map saved so that I can actually use this product to it's full capabilities.

Can someone please explain to me like I am a child: how do I save a map of my home? (preferably in the Wellbeing app as this is the new one).

Cheers!

Comments

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

1. Tap on the robot card in the main view in the Wellbeing app.
    2. Tap on circle with three dots in it in the top right corner.
    3. Tap on Maps
    4. Now you should see a list of maps that can be saved. Tap on the map to see how it looks like and save it if you like.

If you can't find any maps in the list, you can try to figure out where the robot is getting lost and block off that area in a run. E.g. certain carpets/rugs can cause the robot to get lost. Block of the area where you think there is a problem and do another cleaning and the map should be displayed in the list.

• kharlandkharland Member

I have the same problem as blakesp26 - the robot will clean and generates maps of where it has cleaned each day. You can see these maps under "history" but other than see the map, there is no option to save or tap the map to select an area.

When I tried the solution from NiclasK, I can do items 1 to 3 but when I tap on maps, I get the message "there are no maps available - the robot will generate maps as it cleans an area"

I have only had the robot a few days and have 4 days of "history" maps, but I don't want to map for 6 months and not be able to generate zones.

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

@kharland, to troubleshoot you can:

• Make sure the robot starts and ends in the charger.
    • Reduce the cleaning area to about 6 m^2.

Test that and see if the map shows up in the menu I described above.

• kharlandkharland Member

Actually after the last clean and the usual map of that clean, I was finally asked if this map was a final and complete area to save or did I want to carry on map learning. Since one of the rooms during that clean was closed and therefore missing, I chose to carry on learning. Once I can open up the whole house, I think I'll be able to include all areas, save the map and then allocate zones. I'll update you once that happens.