"Cleaning cancelled by you" - except it wasn't!

BrentBrent Member

At random, my Pure i8 stops cleaning and the app produces the notification "cleaning cancelled by you" on my phone. This is without any interaction with the robot either via app or on the robot itself. It just stops for no reason, and not every time. Sometimes it will perform a full clean of the entire floorplan, other times it does a few square metres and stops. There is no pattern or consistency.

Of course, that also means it does not go home again. Forcing it to go home manually via app or with the button, it just does a check of its surroundings on the spot, moves a bit and switches off again. Battery is full, so that is not in question.

Any experience with this?

Comments

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

This can happen with an electrostatic discharge. Do you always find it on the same rug?

• BrentBrent Member

That's interesting, but no - sometimes on hardwood floor as well.

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

Hi @Brent

Sorry to hear that you have problems with you Pure i8. It would be useful for us if you can provide the log files from the robot next time it happens. Please also let me know the time it happened to make it easier to find in the log files.

You can find info on how to get them here: https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting#latest

You can send them to me as a private message.

Thanks!

• BrentBrent Member

Thank you!

What I could find in the log file was that the robot was told to stop cleaning by

A long button press and then robot is lifted and turned upside down

or

A pause from the app followed by a stop command from the app.

Arue you using the app on 2 or more phones? Do you have pets that can have pressed on the buttons?

Keep an eye out if it happens again. If t does, send the log files and the date + time when it happened. Also include some info about the situation.

• BrentBrent Member

Thanks for the info. That is straneg because I specifically noted that I had not pressed anything in the app when these cleaning stops happened - otherwise I could have blamed myself. The robot just stops and before I even go into the app to see why, the notification pops up "cleaning cancelled by you".

I only use the app on one phone. No pets and I have only once stopped the robot using the button - not one of these times of course.

Thanks, I will do so if it happens again.

@Brent Is it the Wellbeing app you use?

@Brent which app do you use? Pure i or the Wellbeing app?

• BrentBrent Member

Pure i

edited March 11

@Brent Please download the new Electrlux Wellbeing app. You can also restart your robot by removing it from the charger and touch and hold the play button on the robot for about 10 s. Wait a minute and then place it on the charger again to start it.

• BrentBrent Member

Thanks, I have done so now.

Pity it is not integrated with IFTTT, the old app is and that enables Google Assistant integration. Will the new app be added there anytime soon?