Mapping unprecise

Hello

My Pure I9.2 (PI92-4STN) running software 41.16 has a problem creating a correct map. There is a wall and at least 1m of unavailable floor in the red marked zone that it perceives as floor. As a result of this the I9.2 gets stuck trying to take a impossible route back to home. Any suggestions?

Comments

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

What kind of floor do you have in the area where it connects he map through the wall? Do you have any rugs?

I have 2 suggestions:

• Add an avoid zone in the area where the map connected through the wall.
    • Remove any rugs and delete the saved map. Record a new map. Name it and add an avoid zone to the place where it connected the map through the wall. Put your rugs back.

• ErixonErixon Member

on one side of the wall there is a rug with short hair and a sofa, on the other side there is kitchen cabinets and no rugs. I will try your suggestions! But how will rugs influence mapping, spinning wheels?

• apjapj Member ✭✭

spinning wheels?

@Erixon Exactly! The robot does the mapping by vectoring wheel rotation.

Any wheel spin will set it off course.

• magnus_lindhemagnus_lindhe Member ✭✭

Yes, the wheels can slip on rugs.

The robot uses the wheel rotation to localize itself, which is called odometry. But it also uses landmarks that it sees with the 3D sensor, to correct for the inevitable error that accumulates when you do odometry. This is called SLAM and normally corrects the error, so the robot can drive over rugs without getting disoriented. But if you combine a slippery rug with few visible landmarks, the robot sometimes gets disoriented and the map can be shifted or rotated the wrong way.

Happy cleaning!