How to stop my i9 from starting automatically?

123mic123mic Member
edited January 7 in Q&A

I just bought a i9. I have no schedule set up but have startede it manually from the app. Whenever I stop it or send it back to home it automaticcally starts again. Even aften it has cleaned and returned to the charger it will charge for a shorts While and start again. Over and over again. Seems to be no way to ture it off. What to do?

It will start cleaning for 5 minutes returnere to charger, charge for 5 minutes... repeat...

Software 41.14

Answers

• raahlbraahlb Member, Moderator mod

That is really weird! Sounds like it is in a demo mode or something, but that should not happen with a customer robot.

Could you collect the logs per these instructions and post them here? https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting#latest

• 123mic123mic Member

I thought it was stopped acting weird, but today i just started cleaning. Could be because I cancelled a session yesterday (though I would assume cancelling and not pausing should not cause it to start later)

However so I have let finish the cleaning today. - Then a couple of hours later it just started by it self again to clean exact same area. I cancelled after a few minutes and attached the log file here

So, the robot thinks someone is pressing the buttons. Not sure what could make it seem like that. Do you have any pets? Any objects just next to the robot? What happens if you keep the robot somewhere else?

• 123mic123mic Member

When it starts no one is near it, actually today i was sitting just beside it when it started. Nothing touched the robot. So a bit Strange

• 123mic123mic Member

And during the evening it just seem to start over and over again. I have tried to stop it directly on the robot also theough the i9 app and then wellbeing app. Which one is the better in terms of control? The i9 app just seemes to respond with "cleaning paused" whereas the wellbeing app says "cancelled" ....

It might be that the touch buttons are not working properly, and they trigger spontaneously. Did you try moving the robot? Like 1 m or so to either side.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to contact service, I think. You can tell them that one of the developers verified that it has spontaneous button presses.

• 123mic123mic Member

I have tried to move it now. Deleted the map and kind of startet over and "locked" it to a smaller map. I will ser during the next couple of days how this goes and provide an update here. Thanks for your assistance