How to change the location of the base in the floor map?

LuisKLuisK Member
edited December 2020 in General

Hi, the base is placed on the same spot and I did not move it since I installed the robot. I run a full cleaning and got a nice floor map that I saved and added zones and have been using it so far. However today the location of the base in the floor map just changed (now it is located "outside" the floor map) and I can't ask the robot to clean a specific zone.

How do I change the position back to the previous place?

Best Answer

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Delete your maps and start over. Happens every so often.

In the past we've seen issues on the server side so if it does it again then could be an Electrolux issue.

Answers

• LuisKLuisK Member

Thanks! I ended up deleting the map and did a full cleaning again. It will be super annoying if that keeps happening. Would be so much easier if I could just reposition the base in the floor map, which apparently is possible otherwise it would never happen.

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Well, it needs to have that to base the maps off. Allowing you to change that graphically would be insanely complicated coding and math.

Doesn't happen often. If you recently updated from really old firmware to the newest that's why.... Was a "breaking change" a few versions ago.

• LuisKLuisK Member

Indeed. I have no idea how difficult it is. My initial impression was that it is not that hard since the position of the base just changed even though I didn't do anything.

I hope the "bug" is fixed to prevent it to change the base location again, then I will not need such feature.