Persistent problem connecting to the Electrolux cloud?

2»

Comments

• GustavoGustavo Member

Hi Mark

I bought my Pure i9.2 robot vacuum 5 days ago and still can´t connect it to the internet. Tried to download and transfer the i9.2 firmware cited above, but, after properly disconnecting the robot the message says "this software is incompatible. My upgrade was cancelled".

Aftar that i tried to reinstall the device with the wellbeing app and the same problem came up- sometimes it doesn´t even create a local network with the device.

Would you please hep me out?

• GustavoGustavo Member

Hi Mark

I bought my Pure i9.2 robot vacuum 5 days ago and still can´t connect it to the internet. Tried to download and transfer the i9.2 firmware cited above, but, after properly disconnecting the robot the message says "this software is incompatible. My upgrade was cancelled".

Aftar that i tried to reinstall the device with the wellbeing app and the same problem came up- sometimes it doesn´t even create a local network with the device.

Would you please hep me out?

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

Hi Gustavo

Are you sure you copied the correct version of the firmware from the earlier post? There are two separate links there, one for Pure i9, and a separate one for Pure i9.2.

The message you heard is what the robot says if you try and install the wrong version. The file you need for a Pure i9.2 is called 3Dvision_1.01_42.19_signed.bin

Alternatively, are you sure your robot is a pure i9.2 and not a pure i9?

If all of the above checks out and you still have problems, take a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the robot and post it here.

Hope this helps,

Mark

• GustavoGustavo Member

Hi Mark.

yes, it’s an i9.2. the software has been properly downloaded and the robot USB connection was correctly unplugged from my computer. The message came again saying the upgrade was cancelled.

Thank you!

Thanks for the picture

It all checks out, so the file named:

3Dvision_1.01_42.19_signed.bin

should install on your robot. When you copy it across, is the name retained correctly? It shouldn't be changed or the robot won't recognise the file. The file should be around 32MB in size.

When the robot is connected to the computer and after you have copied the firmware file, can you take a screenshot of your file manager showing the files on the robot's USB storage? Also, one of the files should be called RobotVersionFile.json This is a text file with some information which the robot uses when checking firmware updates to be installed. Could you possibly copy that file and attach it here?

I can't see why the firmware file won't install, there may be some hint in this file.

/Mark

The (2) in the filename in your picture will cause a problem. Rename the file in your file explorer before you disconnect the USB cable and try that.

• GustavoGustavo Member

Software properly updated and robot restarted automatically.

same problem came up:

It tries to connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Di. - I checked for the correct pin first-

after a long period, come up a message saying not possible to connect.

I checked my internet connection: perfect

somethig looked strange though: it says empty battery on the app but the battery doesn’t keep flashing on the robot screen.

Wi-Fi sign is flashing as it were looking for the connection

Hi again

The flashing wifi symbol on the robot display means that it doesn't have a connection to the electrolux cloud. The app should say in this case that the robot is not available.

If the on-boarding procedure went well (robot upside down, scan barcode, enter wifi password etc.) then the robot will automatically try to connect to the wifi, and retry a few times if it fails. In rare cases, an additional restart of the robot can help get it into a better state. To do this:

Hold your finger on the play button for five seconds or more- the robot will beep, then beep again, and you should finally see the light bar on the display pulsing in an "inward direction" (you'll know what I mean when you see it). After the lights stop, the robot is turned off. When it is off, lift it out of the charger and then replace it there. You will see the lights animate again as the robot starts up, and it will finally say it's ready.

See if the wifi connection is established correctly after this. If it isn't, I'd try the onboarding procedure one more time. In the mean time I will ask our cloud team to see if they can see signs of your robot trying to make contact.

/Mark

• GustavoGustavo Member

Says “hello I’m ready” and Wi-Fi sign keeps blinking.

on the app “not possible to connect” after a long waiting.

first connection with the app

was successfully done, but wasn’t able to connect to the internet

• GustavoGustavo Member

Hi Mark.

I tried all the above but the problem keeps on going.

Also noted that the software installed by me doesn’t appear everytime it reconnects to the computer- would it be automatically erased?

The software placed by you on the robot's USB storage is erased after the update is performed- that is normal.

The robot not connecting after doing all this is not normal. I am still waiting on the cloud team's analysis of their logs, I'll let you know when I find out something new.

Hi again!

When you plug the robot into your PC, one of the files on its storage contains the logs from the robot- this can tell us what it has been trying to do.

The file in question is the one named with many numbers (900921... these are the robot's ID number and a timestamp). Can you copy this file and attach it to an entry here?

• GustavoGustavo Member

Here it goes

900921353046002411100106_20210520T022904