Release 41.14 now available!

Hello Purei9 community,

After much delay from the original plan, we are finally ready with the new Software Release -Version 41.14 for the robot. It is now possible to upgrade your purei9/purei9.2 from your APP. Thank you so much for your patience and support. Here's a summary of the release notes-

Power level control per cleaning zone
You can tell the robot to set its cleaning power to different levels for each zone. Kitchen a bit messier than the rest of the place? Boost the power there, but keep it quiet everywhere else.

Better 'Home' Detection with No Go/Avoid zones
Robot knows if it has stayed in its charger and can more quickly realize its position when starting: this means that avoid zones placed near the charger will be respected- previously the robot could possibly have strayed into them before realizing where it was.

Better Energy Consumption
Let's turn off those fan motors and save some energy while transporting to the area of interest

Bug fixes and other stability improvements

Comments

• apjapj Member

@SumitraVengalil said:
    Bug fixes and other stability improvements

And you did an excellent job with those! After the update I have deleted the existing map and sent the robot on a full cleaning mission (in eco mode).
    It did this in a new record time and all in one go! The robot does a lot less "scanning" of the environment and cleans in a much more efficient way. No more aimless meandering between rooms and I think it is better again at detecting and avoiding obstacles (which deteriorated with the move from 40.17 to 40.18).
    The cleaning algorithm seems notably to be a lot better when moving around table legs and other small obstacles.
    The same applies to the detection of my glass side table, which was the robot's absolute nemesis with the previous release 40.18.

• osamsonosamson Member

Is it better to re-create the map after the update?

• apjapj Member

@osamson said:
    Is it better to re-create the map after the update?

No, of course you don't have to delete the map! And I am sorry to have given that impression!
    In my case the robot often (and quite needlessly) climbed the legs of the easy chairs and lost traction in the process which led to map distortion.
    My flat has only 43 square meters cleanable area so the mapping isn't that much of a problem. I just wanted to see if the map would turn out less slanted and it did, because the robot doesn't try to climb the legs anymore and is generally better at avoiding obstacles.

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

There is no need to if the map you have looks and works ok. But if you find that the robot cleans better in general with release 41.14 than it did with 40.18 it may also produce a better FloorPlanner map.

• osamsonosamson Member

Thank you, frekan

There is no big problem with the map.
    However, unobstructed floors may leave some uncleaned blanks.
    Will the new version of Purei 9 clean up the accuracy of the old map?

If the map does not have any zones defined on it, it will get updated gradually as the robot performs successful cleanings that end in the charger.

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member

Can't find the power setting

edited September 17

Thanks, with only 2 levels of power on an i9, it wasn't obvious

• osamsonosamson Member

Before the update, the Purei9 spent 50 minutes cleaning 31m2 and returning to the home for charging.

After the update, Purei9 completed 39.1m2 of cleaning in 39 minutes.

It's a great evolution.

• osamsonosamson Member

既存のマップに設定したゾーンを全て削除すれば、マップは更新されますか?

Yes, if you remove all zones from the Floorplanner map it can continue to update.

• osamsonosamson Member

Thank you.

Try to delete the zone.

So I can now see how to set the power level for on demand cleans, bit still not seeing how to set it for scheduled cleans. Is it possible?

Yes it is possible both for on demand and scheduled cleanings.
    Click on a weekday and you should see a power level symbol, both if you select to perform a full cleaning and for each zone in the case of a CleanZone cleaning. If you have problems finding the setting please let us know if you are using Android or iOS.

Found it, I was looking in the zones in floor planner, not the zones in schedule.

@VimFuago said:
    Found it, I was looking in the zones in floor planner, not the zones in schedule.

Great!