Pure i9 problems

ErmanayErmanay Member
edited September 14 in General

Hello,
I took the product to the service because of these complaints. They said they could not do anything unfortunately.

What is your solution for such a problematic product?

Erman from Turkey.

Comments

• SumitraVengalilSumitraVengalil Administrator admin

Dear Erman,

It's very unfortunate that you are facing these issues. We will try our best to help you get a better experience.

Regarding the freezing, how often does this happen? Just to rule out any software issues, have you tried restarting the robot completely and onboard it to your APP again? This will force it to synchronize with the cloud and app and could help with any navigation issues that related to the maps. Press and hold the play button on the robot until you see the display say "off" (on a Pure i9) or till you see the power bar blinking.

In the instance it got stuck under the sofa at the legs- it looks to me as a mechanical glitch. Seems to me that the bumper switch is not getting released for it to back out and to be on it's way. Has the service center opened the robot and checked it out? If there is a mechanical assembly issue, they will be immediately able to help you out.

Getting lost on it's way to charging and during navigation could be due to number of things the robot sees in it's environment. Especially if there are tricky carpets. One good option would be take away all tricky carpets, get a complete run that ends in the charger and mark the carpet area as an avoid zone. That way it will not climb on it and get further lost. Another thing to try would be to experiment a bit with your robot's 'HOME' spot. Is it placed in an area where there are lot of furniture or other things that it cannot 'see' well. Is there enough area around the charger for the robot to back out and turn without bumping into obstacles and is per the recommendation? Do try a few different spots that works best for your home environment.
    Hope this helps.

• ErmanayErmanay Member

@SumitraVengalil said:
    Dear Erman,

It's very unfortunate that you are facing these issues. We will try our best to help you get a better experience.

Regarding the freezing, how often does this happen? Just to rule out any software issues, have you tried restarting the robot completely and onboard it to your APP again? This will force it to synchronize with the cloud and app and could help with any navigation issues that related to the maps. Press and hold the play button on the robot until you see the display say "off" (on a Pure i9) or till you see the power bar blinking.

In the instance it got stuck under the sofa at the legs- it looks to me as a mechanical glitch. Seems to me that the bumper switch is not getting released for it to back out and to be on it's way. Has the service center opened the robot and checked it out? If there is a mechanical assembly issue, they will be immediately able to help you out.

Getting lost on it's way to charging and during navigation could be due to number of things the robot sees in it's environment. Especially if there are tricky carpets. One good option would be take away all tricky carpets, get a complete run that ends in the charger and mark the carpet area as an avoid zone. That way it will not climb on it and get further lost. Another thing to try would be to experiment a bit with your robot's 'HOME' spot. Is it placed in an area where there are lot of furniture or other things that it cannot 'see' well. Is there enough area around the charger for the robot to back out and turn without bumping into obstacles and is per the recommendation? Do try a few different spots that works best for your home environment.
    Hope this helps.

Dear Sumitra,

Thank u very much for the quick reply.

The device freezes approximately every two to three days. I cannot control it with the app. Also with the keys on it. This way I am waiting for the battery to run out. I then take it to the charging dock.I have reset the robot many times but the problem was not resolved.

I asked the service about getting stuck in various places. Obviously your service in Turkey do not have enough information about this product. (Both headquarters and service points) The service said that he tested the device but there was no such problem and he dismissed me. Although he saw these videos :(

Obviously, there is no carpet where the robot's charging cradle is located. In addition, the charging unit is also very open. The robot comes up to the front of the charging unit, turns around with unnecessary moves and runs out of battery.

Unfortunately, you could not help me because I have followed your suggestions before.

Thank you.