Pure i9 wifi connection changed

jukaaajukaaa Member

I was forced to change my wifi router (old one got broken) to a new one which is the same model as the old one. In the process my pure i9 couln't connect anymore through application. I have tried to do the following, first did the the reset (long press on the play/pause button). Next launched the application and from there did the "switch robot" routine, which was ok until I was at the point where I was supposed to connect to the pure i9 with wifi. At this point phone connects to the pure i9 but it first says that no internet available (might be what is expected to happen) but then after short period of time application says "Could not find robot. Please connect to your robot.", after this message I can't continue. Any ideas what might cause this?

Answers

• apjapj Member

I have found this video showing the enrollment. The entire video is only 1minute and 15 seconds. Could you please state the time of the step at which you get thrown out of the enrollment process?

• jukaaajukaaa Member

At the time 0:21 after finishing bar code reading, app apparently tries to connect to the pure i9 device but instead it announces "Could not find robot. Please connect to your robot". Any ideas what might cause this or how to continue from this?

• apjapj Member

Thank you for your time and the clarification. So you were able to successfully connect to the robots 3Dvision hotspot.
    Did you leave the robot on its back after you have scanned the barcode? (you should leave it in this position until the enrollment is fully completed)

• jukaaajukaaa Member

Yes I did leave it on its back after I scannes the barcode. Hope this will help to narrow root cause for this issue.

• jukaaajukaaa Member

Is there a way to do "factory reset" to the pure i9 robot vacuum cleaner and to reset also to the application? I guess if everything would be wiped out then this should work (atleast it worked for the first time with the previous Wifi router).

• apjapj Member

@jukaaa said:
    Is there a way to do "factory reset" to the pure i9 robot vacuum cleaner and to reset also to the application?

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to do a full factory reset.
    The only "remedy" so far is a reboot (initiated by pressing the play/pause button for several seconds) but this does not reset the stored WiFi credentials.
    At least the Pure i9.1 is limited to the 2.4 GHz bandwdith, so it might be worth a try to temporarily deactivate the 5 GHz WLAN on your new router until the enrollment has successfully finished.
    I'm only a customer as yourself and am out of my depth here :(

• jukaaajukaaa Member

Ok, thx for the help anyway. I think it's very poor design from Electrolux that you can't change your wifi settings after they have been once set up and there is no known way to do "factory reset". I actually now managed to overcome this problem with obvious solution (?), I changed in my new wifi router's wlan SSID and password to match the earlier one where this robot was first configured and now I am able to use it again. This is a little bit weird because if for example I would like to sell it I need to give my current WIFI SSID and password to the new buyer and ofcourse change later mine.