Robot needs to pause to charge battery - but all display is blinking

LaZiLaZi Member

I am using a 2nd docking station for the upper flow and I am trying to get the Robot finish the full room. 1st Time it took too long time to re-load the battery and in the morning the Robot displayed 'stopped activity due to low battery - although it is standing on the docking station. On the main docking station for reloading only the "battery symboled" is blinking. on the 2nd docking station 4 symboled in total are blinking: play/pause - battery - middle bar - home - what is wrong

Answers

• LaZiLaZi Member

I checked the status after 2 hours loading - still blinking and the battery symbole definitive still shows "low battery" - so the 2nd docking station is not loading - Question: I bought that 2nd loading station for my OLD Robot - can it be that it is not compatible with the new robot?

• LaZiLaZi Member

seems like I found the problem, but still this is room for improvement: I gently lifted the Robot at his back and the battery symbol changed to RED and then immediately to blinking white - now the other symbol are not blinking anymore - only the battery. (see picture) still: what can I do to fix the robot to recognize the loading station better? Thanks for answers

• apjapj Member

@LaZi said:
    I gently lifted the Robot at his back .... what can I do to fix the robot to recognize the loading station better?

Did you place the docking station on a (soft) carpet? If yes, the back of the robot might sink into the carpet just a little too much to make reliable contact every once in a while.
    Try if it gets any better when you place the docking station on hard floor. And of course there is the old "wipe-the-contacts-clean-on-both-the-robot-and-docking-station" routine (as if you hadn't already done that) :)