Map not updating

markvmarkv Member

After months of trying to get the robot to map my house I finally got it completed today.

As you can see in the attached images, the image with the blue area is my entire FloorPlan but when I go to the Floor Planner all I see is an older (3 days prior) version of my map (See attached image). At what point does the Floor Planner get updated?

This is really starting to drive me nuts!!!!!

ANYTHING to help would be appreciated.

Comments

• apjapj Member

Would you say that the floor plan from the last cleaning is a good representation of your home?
    If it is, I think this to be quite a demanding layout with the many spindly connections between the rooms - no wonder it took the robot some time to find all the connections with the limited battery capacity it offers.
    Please consider to vote on the suggestion for a non-cleaning "mapping-mode" as presented here:
    https://community.purei9.com/discussion/351/non-cleaning-mapping-mode

• apjapj Member

@markv said:
    ... At what point does the Floor Planner get updated?

The map should be updated after every completed cleaning cycle unless you already have defined cleaning zones which freezes the map.
    Since your home is spacious and has a complex layout, maybe the cleaning gets canceled automatically after a certain number of recharging sessions which might prevent the map-update.

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

As @apj pointed out, a Floorplanner map is updated after every cleaning unless you have zones defined on it.
    However, there are a few more criteria which are less obvious but are there to prevent distorted maps from being saved. It is required that the robot finishes the cleaning in a charger (and not on the floor) and that it did not get lost while cleaning. The robot may sometimes lose track of where it is but is able to recover. Such cleanings will not produce a map update although they are seemingly successful.
    If you are having problems getting a Floorplanner map with full coverage, one trick is to have the robot start from different starting positions in different cleanings to more quickly be able to map out the entire area.