DO NOT Buy this USELESS piece of JUNK.

markvmarkv Member

I have had enough of this ridiculously expensive paper wait.
Initially when I purchased this robot it took many many weeks to get it to create a map of my house. It work ok (not great) for a couple of months then out of the blue it could not follow the map anymore. Electrolux suggestion was to delete the map and start over.
I have deleted the map and am TRYING to get it to map my house again.
This is the most infuriating process. It might map a few rooms then finish. I was told to close rooms off after they have been mapped. I did this and after many attempts to map the remainder of the house it would delete the already mapped rooms I am assuming because they were closed off. It has taken me over a month and I still only have half my house mapped.
Probably the worst 2000 bucks I have ever spent.

Why this piece of RUBBISH cannot create a map of the house without vacuuming is ridiculous. I was told that electrolux thought about this but were concerned that it would leave dust around as it mapped.

I'd much prefer to have a little bit of dust than a useless robot that cannot map my house.

AVOID this product at all costs.

I will be writing a google review about this also.

Comments

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

That sucks. I have 2. Both work great. Wonder what's up with yours?

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member

Mines great. Perhaps it's robot error or user error? Do you have deep pile carpets or something else not compatible?

• apjapj Member ✭✭

@markv said:
    AVOID this product at all costs.

I can understand your frustration! (and I think the non-cleaning mapping-mode is a brilliant idea)
    However, considering the demanding floor plan of your home your verdict seems a bit harsh to me. I too have my reservations about the reliability of the cloud connection but wouldn't want to go back to a Roomba.
    I think it was @mrmegadeth who coined the phrase, that all products "suck" in their own way :)