Pure i9.2 is not cleaning rest of the room!

mg2527mg2527 Member

Hello there,

We bought last week and we have a question. Our robot vacuum cleaner is not cleaning rest of our living room. Why is that?..

Thx.
MG

Answers

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Can you provide more of the story? It cleans only a small percent, it won't clean after returning to charge, it skipped a rug?

What version of the firmware do you have?

Do you have any areas defined, yet?

• mg2527mg2527 Member
    edited June 16

@mrmegadeth said:
    Can you provide more of the story? It cleans only a small percent, it won't clean after returning to charge, it skipped a rug?

There is a area with rug in our living room. When the robot finish to cleaned the area without carpet start to cleaning this. It is going to the carpet and spinning around then; say finish to cleaning.

What version of the firmware do you have?

Software is updated for my country (Türkiye) and it is 40.18

Do you have any areas defined, yet?

Yes, finally 2 rooms and a half living room is defined. But it could not go other areas. Such as kitchen, hall and rest of living room.

Thank you so much by the way for your return.

Bests.
    MG

• apjapj Member
    edited June 18

I'm seeing similar things with my robot. Only today the map suddenly changed in the app: the docking station appeared in its initial location and the robot got lost.
    (okey, I admit it: I have no life and time to watch the robot in the app) :D
    When I switch off the WiFi, the robot does a perfect cleaning cycle on its own.
    As soon as it is connected it does the strangest things like clean a room only halfway and drive off to another room to do a little cleaning there only to return to the original room and resume the cleaning there.
    Oh! And don't get me started about carpets! With cloud connection the robot gets on the carpet, does a full circle and then makes a beeline back to the docking station.
    Without cloud connection it gives the carpet a thorough cleaning.
    I have come to think that the problem lies less with the robot than with it's cloud interaction: "Jumping" docking stations indicate a mix-up with different maps in the cloud.

• mg2527mg2527 Member

How we can get over these issues?.. Passed a week and still not recognizing to home. It’s kind a annoying. 😢

• apjapj Member

@mg2527 said:
    How we can get over these issues?.. Passed a week and still not recognizing to home. It’s kind a annoying. 😢

Please try this: Create an avoid zone for the carpeted area and test if the robot returns to home if it doesn't go onto the carpet.
    The robot is known to get lost on high-pile or specially patterned carpets because of wheelspin as outlined here by @berlintapes https://community.purei9.com/discussion/177/floor-to-ceiling-mirrors-curtains-robot-gets-stuck
    If the robots works without going onto the carpet you have chosen the wrong product for your environment and your best chance is to ask for a refund.

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

As soon as the robot climbs onto a carpet it spins around in order to make a judgement of how easy/difficult it will be to drive on the carpet. If the robot judges that the carpet is "too difficult" it will drive off the carpet and not attempt to clean it. If the robot would try do drive on a difficult carpet (for example a particularly shaggy one) it would very likely get lost and be unable to find its way back to the charger. So the robot instead cleans everything it can, and leaves the carpet.

Sometimes such a difficult carpet may divide a home- if the charger is on one side and the robot cannot reach the rest of the home without driving over the carpet, then it won't get to the rest of the home. The only option there is to either manually put the robot on the other side of the carpet and start it again, or to move things around at home so the robot can get past.