Robot gets stuck under coffee table

In our living room, we have this kind of a coffee table with kind of an edge surrounding it.

The robot gets under the table quite easily, but it can't get out of there for some reason. It just keeps on spinning in circles and from time to time it tries to make an escape. It seems that it could get over the edge quite easily, but then it pauses half way, turns around and goes back under the table (or just backs up there).

I eventually got it out of there by forcing it to go forward when it was over the edge. It wanted to back up, but I blocked its way back. I didn't push it over so it's clear that it can get over the edge if it just wants to.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this kind of behaviour and if it could be fixed in future updates? As can be seen from the picture, the area is relatively big so I wouldn't want to set it as no-go zone.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• apjapj Member

Looks like the robot detects the threshold from the outside and tries to avoid it from the inside. Definitely a case for the developers.