Bot spinning in one place

KatharinaKatharina Member
in Q&A

How do I troubleshoot this?

I can se nothing stuck in the wheels from looking at it. Is there any way I can examine the wheels and wheel well further without breaking the warranty or the bot?

Answers

• KatharinaKatharina Member

After being put in the charger for a bit, suddenly the erratic behaviour is gone.

What might have caused this, if the problem wasn’t that one of the wheels was obstructed?

edited May 3

Here is a video of the behaviour

After running as normal for a while it happened again!

It happened again today, just a few minutes into the cleaning.

After an extra hour in the dock it is now running as normal again, but whether it will be able to complete the cleaning is anyone's guess.

This is becoming frustrating. I wouldn't trust it to run in my absence now, for fear that it would just keep spinning.

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Try a restart/reset*. Seems to work miracles sometimes.

*Take if dock, hold play button until it turns off, put back on the dock

I tried restarting it. It did not help. This happens every day now.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the wheels being obstructed, because if I turn it off, lift it back on the charger and leave it for a while, it will often run just fine for a while.

What could be going on here? It's just so weird!
    Any ideas, @magnus_lindhe ?

Is it near a window with a lot of Sun?

No, it happens at many different locations. Not necessarily near a window.

I give up! :( I'll be returning the bot, either for a replacement or a xiaomi.
    I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

I'm very disappointed that this should happen just a month and a half after purchase.

I don't know whether this was just what we would call a "monday specimen" in Norway, or if I can expect the quality of a replacement to be equally poor.

My 9.1 and 9.2 have been great. There was one firmware version that was a disaster for me but the next fixed it.

I'd say return it for one more chance.... Since we aren't sure the timeline for the next update.

• SumitraVengalilSumitraVengalil Administrator admin

Hi Katharina,
    We understand your frustration. And sorry that your 1 month old robot isn't performing as expected. What firmware version is it running on?
    (I tried to play the video you uploaded , but there was some problem with the file and i tplayed audio only. So it wasn't too helpful).
    Like mrmegadeth pointed out, it would be good to observe whether there is any strong sunlight falling in the room? Our robot could be fooled by a sliver of light that it is an obstacle and try to turn away. A few other things to check

• Manually update the robot via USB to the latest version. You can find the firmware file on Electrolux Product Page
    • Check whether you can move the wheels and roller brushes freely when you lift the robot? Is there any resistance ?- If there is hair stuck in brush motor,it can run for a while and randomly stop after a while
    • wait for the new firmware which will be released in a few weeks and retry

Last but not least, if you are not satisfied with the product, we would be happy to help you return it. I hope you give us another go :smile:

• MiguelMiguel Member
    edited May 28

I have the same issue.

The robot has also the latest software update.

It is not stopping of spinning at one spot. Worst is that it destroys the Parkett floor. It is not related with the light, neither with the camera dirty nor with a wheel blocked.

I have also reset the robot, and installed again after removing the batteries. Unfortunately keeps behaving erratically..

Looking forward for a solution!!

It looks like it spins in the same direction that mine did.

I tried returning it for a new one, but the store (Elkjøp/El-giganten) insisted on trying to repair the damned thing even though it was only about a month old, so now I've been stuck without a bot for weeks :(