Version 40.18 Very Buggy

psionic001psionic001 Member
edited May 2 in General

My i9 on V40.18 leaves the dock and just goes back and forth within 2meters of it’s dock, endlessly bumping into everything it can find.

It’s also developing some tilted maps.

When is V41 arriving?

Comments

• SamiSami Member

Same problems after installin version 40.18. Cleans about 1 x 1 Meters area, starts just moving on the same spot and after that goes back to home. Any solutions to this, before getting an update??

• GarethOatesGarethOates Member

yeah this version has been a nightmare for me

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Sami, move the home station. The bot is sensitive to the left side. Make sure the left side is clear and open.

If it's under something try moving and see if it helps.

• SamiSami Member

Thank you for your advice. Have tried moving, but it doesn't help.

• NilsenNilsen Member

Hello, version 40.18 have destroyed my pleasure of owning this robot. It can no longer find home and bumps into everything. At the home station it drives 5 cm too far (up the wall) drops back, stops for a sec and starts again. It will search for home until battery is flat. I'm now stopping to use the Purei9 and will check for software upgrades once a month or so to see if this is fixed in the future :-(

• NilsenNilsen Member

Extra sad since it was working so smoothly for months and months... :'(

Nilsen, there is a special coating that is extra bright to the UV lasers on the base... Sounds like your bot cannot see it.

Is the base in very strong sunlight? Could be a laser went out....

• NilsenNilsen Member

Mrmegadeth

the base is in darkness as before and nothing changed except me upgrading the software...yes maybe the laser is gone (after 6 months of ownership)

• NilsenNilsen Member

Guess I own to electrolux to type that I’m the definition of stupidity, the laser was dirty. Cleaned it and it is ok now...

Well, there ya go. Bot had its eyes closed. 😉