The roller brush has stopped spinning

Ulf_AsonUlf_Ason Member

The roller brush has stopped spinning, I suppose a drive belt or something is broken. The robot is only one and a half year old, anybody else that has had this problem?

Comments

  • apjapj Member ✭✭

    Are there any error messages from the robot? Have you checked-out this thread here?
    https://community.purei9.com/discussion/231/roller-brush-stuck
    My robot had a moment (after cleaning) where the brush roll was suddenly very loud but still operational - it was my bad, because I hadn't reinserted it deeply enough into the orange driving wheel after cleaning.

  • Ulf_AsonUlf_Ason Member

    It's not stuck, it's in the opposite way - I can spin it easily by my fingers.

  • DrGreenbaumDrGreenbaum Member

    Look for dust and hair inside the red wheel. You have to get it out with a needle or something like that. You can find a lot of old stuff there.

  • Ulf_AsonUlf_Ason Member

    @DrGreenbaum said:
    Look for dust and hair inside the red wheel. You have to get it out with a needle or something like that. You can find a lot of old stuff there.

    Thanks, but it's not stuck, it's in the opposite way - I can spin it easily by my fingers!

  • apjapj Member ✭✭

    @Ulf_Ason said:
    Thanks, but it's not stuck, it's in the opposite way - I can spin it easily by my fingers!

    That's what @DrGreenbaum and I keep telling you: The roller brush probably isn't fully inserted into the orange driving wheel and hence it is idling.
    Please humor us and remove the roller brush once again, check the built-in driving wheel in the robot (on the orange/red side of the brush) for dirt then carefully re-insert the roller brush while making sure it is fully interlocked with the driving wheel. This is a bit tricky since the "cogs" are minuscule - best to slightly rotate the brush back and forth a little to make sure it is fully inserted and engaged.
    If after this the roller brush still doesn't spin you should have your robot serviced (hopefully it is still under warranty!)

  • Ulf_AsonUlf_Ason Member

    @apj said:

    @Ulf_Ason said:
    Thanks, but it's not stuck, it's in the opposite way - I can spin it easily by my fingers!

    That's what @DrGreenbaum and I keep telling you: The roller brush probably isn't fully inserted into the orange driving wheel and hence it is idling.
    Please humor us and remove the roller brush once again, check the built-in driving wheel in the robot (on the orange/red side of the brush) for dirt then carefully re-insert the roller brush while making sure it is fully interlocked with the driving wheel. This is a bit tricky since the "cogs" are minuscule - best to slightly rotate the brush back and forth a little to make sure it is fully inserted and engaged.
    If after this the roller brush still doesn't spin you should have your robot serviced (hopefully it is still under warranty!)

    Yes, but I can very easy turn that driving wheel by my fingers. There is no dirt or hair to remove. Isn't the driving wheel expected to make same resistance? (I'm not sure if the word resistance is the right one.... :-) )
    The main question is if this is a common problem.

  • MarkMark Member

    I had the exact same problem. Opened it up (complete nightmare) and found that the belt wheel on the opposite side of the orange driving wheel is spinning on the axle. Added some retaining compound (Loctite 648) to remedy the problem. Maybe this will kill the DC motor next time it gets stuck but at least it is running now.


Sign In or Register to comment.