New Release 41.10

Dear Community,

As we are getting ready for the upcoming release 41.10, here's a sneak peak into whats included....

Power level control per cleaning zone
You can tell the robot to set its cleaning power to different levels for each zone. Kitchen a bit messier than the rest of the place? Boost the power there, but keep it quiet everywhere else.

Better 'Home' Detection with No Go/Avoid zones
Robot knows if it has stayed in its charger and can more quickly realize its position when starting: this means that avoid zones placed near the charger will be respected- previously the robot could possibly have strayed into them before realizing where it was.

Better Energy Consumption
Let's turn off that fan motors and save some energy while transporting to the area of interest

..... and other stability improvements

Comments

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Sounds great. I recognize that first feature 😉

• osamsonosamson Member

I'm looking forward to the update.

An email from the Electrolux Pure i team sent in mid-December 2019 said:

——————————

Last but not least, it's an important announcement.

I won't tell you much yet, but we're going to be delivering big news over the next few months. Let me give you a little hint. The design has been revamped to give you a great layout, and you'll see the ability to easily control multiple robot vacuum cleaners!

——————————

Will this be included in that update?

Or is it still in the future?

• DeLolDeLol Member
    • Power level control per cleaning zone
      Wohoo! I missed it the whole time :smile:

• Better Energy Consumption
      Still looking for a on/off time switch for the wifi...
      It reduces the energy consumption and reduces the electromagnetic pollution.

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member

is this already rolling out? I check my robot daily, but no new updates. Will be need an app update first?

Nothing in Houston, Texas

• psionic001psionic001 Member
    edited May 20

@SumitraVengalil any update on when this will be released? v40.18 just doesn’t seem to work for us.

• DeLolDeLol Member

@SumitraVengalil It would also be advantageous if we could choose the priority/order what room will be cleaned first

edited May 26

Thinking this might be a 9.2 release, not for 9.1 as its been a long time since this announcement, a month, , and read on the other forum that only the 9.2 has adjustable vac power.

9.1 had 2 power settings while the 9.1 has 3.

Just have to wait and see. You still can't but the 9.2 in the USA.

• OzLo809OzLo809 Member, Moderator mod

Hi everyone,

The covid pandemic has had a big impact on our team, so sadly the new software has been delayed more than what we expected. Rest assured that we are working on releasing it as soon as possible.

@VimFuago this release is for all of our robots :smile:

@DeLol Both robots can do this already. You can either do a custom cleaning or a schedule zone cleaning, and the order in which you specify the zones will be the order of how the robot cleans them.

• apjapj Member

@OzLo809 said:Rest assured that we are working on releasing it as soon as possible.

Is there a timeline for the release yet? (40.18 seems to suck big time) :(
    Or - could you find it in your heart to rerelease 40.17 which worked well enough?

Thinking this might be a 9.2 release, not for 9.1 as its been a long time since this announcement, and read on the other forum that only the 9.2 has adjustable vac power.

An ETA would be good. I don't use the app much, the robot just does its work. However knowing there is an update incoming, I spent time checking for updates when there are none...

• osamsonosamson Member

The app has been minor updated ver.7.5, but is it a sign?

I have a 9.2 and it's not been pushed. The only people to get it have been in Germany as far as I can tell.

• psionic001psionic001 Member

Any update on the update @OzLo809 ?

Rough timeframe would be good

edited July 1

Indeed, would like to see realistic new release date.

Perhaps even a manual download, or public beta.

• SumitraVengalilSumitraVengalil Administrator admin

Dear members,

As one of our team member pointed out, the COVID 19 situation has impacted us more than we estimated. We unfortunately had to shrink our team size, which means our software development and test cycles are a bit slow.
    The release of 41.10 is also delayed because our regression tests have caught some bugs within the package. We are now forced to withdraw this release and plan a new version 41.13 which is our new release candidate. ETA would be sometime in September where we expect to go back to development in full force and release this with the bug fixes we have caught.
    It is extremely important for us to give a good software upgrade experience for everyone and our team is working round the clock to ensure it.Thank you for your patience.

• perper Member

That's really bad news. The current release is catastrophic so i was really looking forward to a version that could get my robot to do it's job again.

How do I get hold of the previous version so that I can downgrade to a working version?

Cheers

Per

Thanks for the update.

It's not possible to go backwards.

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

A little off-topic:

A tip for those who are having trouble with robot navigation- try removing any stored maps and restarting the robot (turning it off with a 10 second press on the play button, then replacing it in the charger). Note that this means you will need to get the robot to record a new map before you can use zones- only you can decide if you think this is troublesome or not. You can also look for large amounts of dust on the outside or inside of the camera window- these can be pretty dusty after a while.

There is rarely a general navigation problem with a new SW release (although it has happened). As an example, the difference between 40.17 and 40.18 is a few tweaks in the battery charging code, and none whatsoever in the navigation code. The experience of most users, as well as statistics we can see, show that there is no obvious widespread navigation problem, so we need to look elsewhere for the cause. Resetting the map gives the robot a clean start. There is also the possibility of some hardware failure on the robot, but this is not very likely either.

• apjapj Member

Thank you for your suggestions; only, this is what many of us have already done even repeatedly: Delete the map and start over and what we are doing on an all to regular basis: Hard-reset the robot.
    However I think you might be right about this not being a firmware issue because at least I can see a big difference in the robots performance depending on whether it is cloud connected or not: On its own without WiFi the robot behaves as expected.
    As soon it is connected to the cloud things start to be a little erratic: Sometimes, everything is alright, sometimes the thing goes completely haywire (e.g. endlessly driving on an off the docking station, pointlessly traveling between rooms in mid-cleaning, suddenly getting lost and looking for the docking station under the sofa, were it was initially but months ago etc).
    Please don't give me the "clean the contacts" routine! Even if I don't touch the robot at all and simply cut its WiFi connection, it suddenly docks flawlessly at the first attempt - no contact cleaning required.
    I gather from all the user feedback that cloud connection seems to be "flaky" and that you are working on this issue. Could it be possible that all our trouble stems from a glitch in the cloud? Is your product too successful and the cloud cannot keep up with the multitude of parallel requests going on?
    Thank you for keeping us informed.

• BPoulterBPoulter Member

I think a great feature to add to the app would be a "RESUME" button. I had 80% of my house mapped and I sent the bot to home to recharge before attempting to add the last room, running out of battery and getting lost. I sent it home to charge. Of course when I started it again it started the procedure from the start ignoring the rest of the map. I've worked for days just to get a complete map of my home, 1800 sq ft. so I can set up zones. I gave up after nearly 20 hours babysitting my bot. I had it 95% mapped once but it got lost in the last room just 20' from home. Very frustrating.

I think it would be better to have a dedicated map mode that doesn't clean the house but just maps it. I suspect the battery will last much longer if it wasn't running the vacuum motor.

• melstigmelstig Member

@apj said:
    Thank you for your suggestions; only, this is what many of us have already done even repeatedly: Delete the map and start over and what we are doing on an all to regular basis: Hard-reset the robot.
    However I think you might be right about this not being a firmware issue because at least I can see a big difference in the robots performance depending on whether it is cloud connected or not: On its own without WiFi the robot behaves as expected.
    As soon it is connected to the cloud things start to be a little erratic: Sometimes, everything is alright, sometimes the thing goes completely haywire (e.g. endlessly driving on an off the docking station, pointlessly traveling between rooms in mid-cleaning, suddenly getting lost and looking for the docking station under the sofa, were it was initially but months ago etc).
    Please don't give me the "clean the contacts" routine! Even if I don't touch the robot at all and simply cut its WiFi connection, it suddenly docks flawlessly at the first attempt - no contact cleaning required.
    I gather from all the user feedback that cloud connection seems to be "flaky" and that you are working on this issue. Could it be possible that all our trouble stems from a glitch in the cloud? Is your product too successful and the cloud cannot keep up with the multitude of parallel requests going on?
    Thank you for keeping us informed.

Hi, I am only running my i9 offline (wi-fi disabled) so an active cloud connection is not the case for Me. Still running into the same problems so I vote for a logical problem in the source code.

When returning to base just for a recharge, it finds it way back just fine. When it fails, and gets stuck in a navigation loop, it often happens after a full cleaning cycle returning to base.

Is there perhaps a difference in the code between when returning for a recharge and returning after a full cleaning cycle?

Kind regards