Decreased quality of product ever since Xmas 2019 Upgrade

GarethOatesGarethOates Member

Ever since the "upgrade" at Christmas time to add the ability to only clean targeted zones I've noticed a severe decrease in performance from my Pure i9 robot. It used to be able to clean my entire apartment in Eco mode on one charge, hopping into and out of the bedroom and kitchen without fail.

Since the update 2 versions ago, it now uses a lot of time going over the same area more than once, thus draining the battery needlessly and requiring 2 attempts to clean the apartment.

It does not seem to follow any logical pattern when determining what area to clean, constantly going over areas that it's already covered.

Is there any way to revert the software back to the version before the ability to clean targeted areas, a feature I will happily live without if it means getting a robot back that doesn't make me want to throw it out of the window.

Comments

  • mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

    Did you add a bunch of rooms? Do these rooms overlap a great deal?

    And no, you are not allowed to go back.

  • GarethOatesGarethOates Member

    No, I did not change anything. As I said, it used to manage to clean the whole apartment in eco mode on a single charge. Now it never manages, jumps into and out of a room, goes back to the opposite side of the apartment, cleans a spot, then goes back to where it was originally and jumps back into the room it was in before.

    Logic has been abandoned with my guy since Xmas. I even deleted my map and tried to get him to remap everything, to no avail.

  • DrGreenbaumDrGreenbaum Member

    These updates seems to have both high and lows for different users. As of the latest update all my zones are working and it is cleaning really well with a MUCH shorter stop for charging. Before the latest update i had like 4h of charging stop and sometimes it wanted 2 stops for cleaning my house. Now it is only 1 shorter stop for charging and then it finishes the cleaning. And no more missed zones.

  • DrGreenbaumDrGreenbaum Member

    Altough communication with the app is really slow. Especially when not on the local network. Push notifications are sparse and IFTTT integration has stopped working because i cant get any real-time data of what the robot is doing. I just comes in a bunch 2 times a day.

  • GarethOatesGarethOates Member

    Yeah I've noticed this as well. The annoyance of that however pales in comparison to how annoyed I am watching my bot constantly get lost in a room he used to have no problems with. I really don't understand what the hell has gone wrong with it. It's like a totally different product now. It hasn't successfully completed a run now in months. I'm forever having to rescue it. Today I watched it drive into the same piece of wall 3 times in a row. I just measured the height of the dividers between my rooms, so I can start to research which other robots can clear them. Life's too short to waste time looking after the world's dumbest robot.

  • mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

    Have you reset the bot? Try deleting the maps and moving the base.

  • GarethOatesGarethOates Member

    I have tried deleting the maps yeah. That didn't help. I don't really have the option to move the base at all, except maybe a meter or so to the left or right, so I doubt that would help.

    But, I've witnessed the robot do a stellar job in my apartment before, with the base in the position it's currently in. The only thing that has changed, is the software, so I don't see how changing the base station position will fix anything? It'll most likely just make it even more confused.

  • SamiSami Member

    Exactly same problems here...

  • mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

    Make sure the laser windows and camera are clean.

  • GarethOatesGarethOates Member

    Yeah I’ve done that. I admire your efforts to help, but I’m telling you, it’s the software update that is the issue here. When the only thing that has changed from one clean to the next is a software update and the performance is so drastically different and everything else has been checked or remained unchanged. It’s the only logical conclusion to draw.

  • mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

    For me, I had one of those updates a while ago, there's a huge thread on it here somewhere.

    What I did was to reset the machine. Fully. We didn't have rooms at the time but I'd suggest that too.

    Make it like a new machine and then move the base. Two inches can make a huge difference.

Sign In or Register to comment.