I'm having some problems charging

kfjeldstedkfjeldsted Member
edited March 2 in General

Quite frequently my i9 robot openly declares: I'm having some problems charging.
According to the manual, I should buy new batteries, which I did. Absolutely no change! A total waste of money. And a lot of money, too.
My i9 now has new batteries, and in fact, they are often fully charged when the robot says "I'm having some problems charging". A work-around is:

• Turn the i9 completely off.
  • Remove it from the charger and
  • Put it back.

Then it wakes up and says: Hello, I'm ready! Which is only half-a-truth. It might be ready, it might not.
To me, it looks somewhat like a firmware problem. But I have updated to the latest version.
I'm sick and tired of having to do lots of work-arounds in order to have my house cleaned. Earlier I was convinced that the i9 was the best, and even state-of-the-art. Not any more!
Could an Electrolux representative please comment. Thank you.
Knud

Comments

• magnus_lindhemagnus_lindhe Member ✭✭

Hi Knud,

Sorry to hear about your charging problems, of course that's not acceptable.

Could you send us a log file, so we can see more in detail what the error is? Instructions can be found here: https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting

Thanks!

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

Hello!
    The robot team has just discovered a situation under which the latest software version (40.17) can trigger warnings about charging problems on some robots which really do not have problems charging at all.
    We will soon be releasing an update which will fix this problem.
    Until then, you should be able to just press the "play" button to acknowledge the error message, and then continue to use the robot normally. The batteries will still charge as they should.
    Of course there is the slight possibility that there is a real fault with the robot's charging hardware, or the batteries, in which case the software fix won't help.
    So, press "play" to acknowledge the error, and use the robot as usual until the updated software can be installed.
    If the error persists after that, then it is most likely some kind of hardware error which the service team should be able to help with.

• kfjeldstedkfjeldsted Member

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, it had no effect. I am sending the i9 to service.
    Regards, Knud

• mamadeusmamadeus Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as Knud, but I'm running version 40.18

Half way through a clean the vacuum goes back to its base and gives a charging problem message. Have moved the base and tried all the simple tricks with no luck. Any suggestions?

@mamadeus said:
    Hi,
    I'm having the same issue as Knud, but I'm running version 40.18
    Half way through a clean the vacuum goes back to its base and gives a charging problem message. Have moved the base and tried all the simple tricks with no luck. Any suggestions?

When I finally had my 1.0 A charger replaced by a 2.1 A charger, it solved the problem. So far.

• apjapj Member

@kfjeldsted said:
    When I finally had my 1.0 A charger replaced by a 2.1 A charger, it solved the problem. So far.

I have a Pure i9.1 which was shipped with a 1 A charger as well (luckily without charging problems to date - fingers crossed!)
    Out of curiosity: How did you have your charger replaced? Was this done by Electrolux support?

@apj said:

@kfjeldsted said:

I have a Pure i9.1 which was shipped with a 1 A charger as well (luckily without charging problems to date - fingers crossed!)
    Out of curiosity: How did you have your charger replaced? Was this done by Electrolux support?

Actually, mine is a Pure i9.2.
    EITHER they need more power than 9.1. At least, they usually get shipped with a 2.1A Power Supply (PS). Except mine. So I got it replaced.
    OR Electrolux have finally realized that 1A is too little for ANY model. If you get any power trouble with your 9.1, I suggest you contact Electrolux Support and insist on having the PS replaced with a 2.1 A (alternatively having the whole machine replaced. Perhaps that makes it easier for the support to choose the PS replace option)

• apjapj Member
    edited June 22

@kfjeldsted said:
    Actually, mine is a Pure i9.2.
    EITHER they need more power than 9.1. At least, they usually get shipped with a 2.1A Power Supply (PS). Except mine. So I got it replaced.
    OR Electrolux have finally realized that 1A is too little for ANY model.

Thank you for the clarification.
    According to @markT 's comment here https://community.purei9.com/discussion/497/differences-between-all-the-models-9-1-9-2-stn-anm-dgm only the most basic model of the Pure i9.2 has no fast charge capability and allegedly comes with the same batteries as the Pure i9.1 so this model might get shipped with a 1A power supply as well. All other i9.2 are fast charge capable and the top model even has larger capacity batteries so yes: I think they need more power!
    If you've got a fast charge capable i9.2 with a 1A PS there might have been a mix-up while packaging.

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

This is right- Pure i9 and the non-fast charge Pure i9.2 use 1A chargers, the fast other Pure i9.2s get 2A chargers. Look at the sticker on the bottom of the robot- there is a "type". If there is a "Q" in your type (quick charge) you should have a 2A charger.

So far we haven't had any confirmed reports of robots shipped with the wrong charger, but this is obviously not impossible.

40.18 fixed a software bug which could give the appearance of charging errors. The new software won't help robots with actual charging errors.

Don't forget the simplest trick of all when chasing charging problems- make sure that the charging pads on the bottom of the robot and on the charging station are clean and undamaged. If these look good and you have updated your SW and still have problems, get in touch with your local service team.

• FYWUFYWU Member
    edited July 31

My Pure i9.2 have similar problem.

Here is my situation: every time the robot start to clean my house and run out of power, it will back to charge station. then when it finish charge, it will leave charge station for continue the clean job, at this moment, the robot will says "I'm having some problems charging".
    By the way, when this error happened, the map on app will disappear.

I have contacted with my local store and change new one, but the problem still exist.