map not appearing in floorplanner

kalamarkalamar Member

I bought my i9 about a week ago and have completed two full cleans since that time.

On the main app screen, a picture of the cleaned area appears and has updated with the most recent clean (although sometimes the update is slow). However, no maps are appearing in the "FloorPlanner" section of the App (says "You have no maps").

I have reset the vacuum a couple of different times (by taking it off the charging station and holding the "Play/Pause" button for >10s). It is connecting the WiFi and cloud service fine.

Any advice on how I proceed? Any way to 'force' a map to appear in the FloorPlanner?

While the vacuum is great, without the app and the ability to set zones the robot's usefulness is definitely limited and I intend to return it.

Robot s/w version 39.21
App version 7.2.0.8842

Comments

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

When you see the map of the most recent cleaning (or any other cleaning in the cleaning history for that matter), do you only see a blue blob (the actual cleaned area) or can you also see a grey blob (which would be a Floorplanner map) underneath the blue? If you see a grey map it would be an indication that the robot has managed to store a map. If so, it should of course already have appeared in the Floorplanner menu, but I would kill the app and start it again just to see if that makes any difference.

Floorplanner maps should normally appear after a single successful cleaning which starts and ends in the charger. In some cases the robot may decide to not store a map. As a test you could press home halfway through a cleaning and see if that gives you a map. If that works you can run again to build on that map.

Hope this helps!

• kalamarkalamar Member

thanks for the response. I browsing this forum, i saw someone suggest that i 'lock' Remi (my Purei9) in a small room and run a clean - this created the map in floorplanner! i was then able to run a clean across the rest of the house and the map updated successfully :)

quick one - is it possible to ask the robot to clean a particular zone without needing to schedule it?

• kalamarkalamar Member

@kalamar said:
    thanks for the response. I browsing this forum, i saw someone suggest that i 'lock' Remi (my Purei9) in a small room and run a clean - this created the map in floorplanner! i was then able to run a clean across the rest of the house and the map updated successfully :)

quick one - is it possible to ask the robot to clean a particular zone without needing to schedule it?

nevermind, i've just seen that the latest software update added this functionality. so excited!

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Yes, just out 😁