Cleaning cancelled because of an error

sickansickan Member

Hi,

Just got the i9.2 home a couple of days ago and now it halts every time after 1 to 1,5 hours with the message "Cleaning cancelled, because of an error" but no information on what the error is.
When I come home to retreive the robot, it is not stuck, I cannot find any items that might have stopped the roller under the robot or such things.

Is there a way to determine what the error actually is?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Is it on carpet? There was an issue with electrostatic discharge in early runs.

• sickansickan Member

Yesterday it actually had stopped on a carpet.

I am not sure on the previous occasions though since I wasn’t the first one home those days.

If it would be the electrostatic discharge, what could be done about that?

Nothing. Get a log of a failed run and post it here. Try calling customer service too.

• HannesbHannesb Member

I had the same problem twice today, even once in the past. on two separate occasions and on two different floor tiles and wooden floors.

The sad thing is that the cleaning is not resumable. the robot starts a whole new cleaning.

anyone who has any idea?

Get a log and post it here.... Otherwise it's all speculation and conjecture.

Make sure the log is immediately following a failed run.

Take a picture of the spot it stops at and post that with the log, also

• BigBlue007BigBlue007 Member

Are there any more detailled informations regarding that ESD related issue that you mentioned earlier? Specifically I would like to know what exactly you meant by "early runs". "Early runs" in terms of production batches, or in terms of the first some cleaning passes the bot performs?

I got my 9.2 a week ago and have the same issue occasionally. I actually do believe that I have this ESD issue, because the bot stops when it reaches a small carpet. Actually it's not really a carpet but a doormat. See attached picture.

The interesting thing is that I replaced this doormat just today with a new one. The one in the picture is the new one. The old one was exactly identical, just with a different picture on it. When I received the bot last week, it stopped on that doormat (the old one), but this happened only once so far. Meaning it was working perfectly fine since then until today. Today morning I replaced the doormat with the new one, and the bot again stopped on it right away. And it did so twice. On the 3rd run it didn't stop on the doormat, but some minutes later on "open sea", i.e. no carpet, no doormat, no nothing.

I performed a reset and had it run again, and wasn't able to repro this again. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the logging feature, so I didn't took a log after the issue had occured. But as said, if there is a known ESD related issue, it perfectly looks like that. If I see this happening again, I will take a log of course. But I really need to know if this is a batch issue, because if it is I need to return the item within the 30-day return windows of the seller that I purchased it from (alazashop).

Try this, move the mat to somewhere else and see if it does the same thing on the mat. If so, gonna have to choose between the mat or vac.

Will be the mat then definitely... :)

Before I finally decide how to proceed, may I repeat my question regarding any more details you might have? Specifically whether or not this was a batch issue, because I didn't relly get what you meant by "first runs".

If it is a generic issue (not only affecting a specific production batch), I might have an idea how to fix this. My guess would be that the issue is caused by an ESD that occurs between the 2 charging contacts and that is caused by a surface that has an electrostatic charge and that then shortcuts the charging contacts. If this is true, it should be possible to put something around the contacts that prevents them from getting in touch with such a surface. Or which at least lowers the risk that the issue occurs.

For now just a guess...

My understanding was it was a batch issue. I never found a way to fix mine except to get a different rug.

So you were in contact with some Electrolux support staff who mentioned that batch issue?

Yes.