Do You use Live maps?

juliatatkowskajuliatatkowska Member
edited October 2019 in General

Currently during an ongoing cleaning you can see a Live map that shows where the robot is cleaning and how it is moving.

I'm curious to understand if people actively view this Live map, and if yes - why and for what?
And also a question for the people who don't use the Live map, why is that?

Comments

• RafaelRafael Member ✭✭✭

I don't use live map since I believe the robot will clean the designed area. However after the cleaning is done I check if all area was really cleaned.

Like yesterday, on my way home I checked the latest cleaned map and I saw it missed the bathroom. So I created a schedule to clean only the bathroom using the FloorPlanner function.

• dsderftdsderft Member

I use it, mostly in order to control that the robot doesn't get lost. I've experienced sometimes that the robot gets lost sometime during cleaning, but lately it's been behaving pretty good. So eventually I'll probably stop looking at the map.

• @dsderft said:
    I use it, mostly in order to control that the robot doesn't get lost. I've experienced sometimes that the robot gets lost sometime during cleaning, but lately it's been behaving pretty good. So eventually I'll probably stop looking at the map.

Just a follow up question - do you think that the actual feature that allows you to see a live update of the movement of the robot during the cleaning is what makes that possible? Or do you think you would be able to do so even with say just a screenshot of the current placement of the robot?

• osamsonosamson Member ✭✭

Switch to the Purei app and it takes nearly 20 seconds for the live map to appear.

As a result, the map is often not updated.

Check every five minutes will not be updated and may be significantly updated after 20 minutes.

Therefore, the live map is not very useful.

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

@osamson If the live map was updated faster, would you use it then?

• vespamanvespaman Member

It's very slow, but I use it, to see which part of the house it has cleaned/are cleaning. I wish there would be {faster and] a web interface to see it rather than through the app though.

@NiclasK

Of course I will take advantage.

Live Map Frustrations

• The actual time difference between what is displayed and the actual time is quite large.
    • You have not drawn detected walls or obstacles
    • The map is distorted or bent
    • I can't zoom in on the map to see the details

App Ver.7.2 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Ver.40.17

Map drawing is faster. The interaction with the server is now smooth.

Thanks