Questions about how to specify an avoidance zone

How do you specify future features and avoidance zones?

The current area map is made in the place where it was cleaned.

Until now, places that I don't want to clean, no intrusions, I don't let them clean by placing barricades.

So the location is not included in the area map from the beginning.

Even places that are not included in the area map can be designated as an avoidance zone, saving me the trouble of placing barricades.

Or can the avoidance zone specify only where it has been cleaned?

Comments

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

As of now the robot only offers CleanZones which indicate areas where the robot shall clean, and not explicitly defining areas that the robot should stay away from.
    That said, you could apply a set of CleanZones to help the robot stay away from certain areas. For example you could define CleanZones that cover all of the area to be cleaned but exclude only the parts that shall not be cleaned. CleanZones have to overlap (by a few m2) with the recorded FloorPLANNER map, but they may extend outside of the map. When working on such a zone the robot cleans all accessible area within the zone, and is not limited to the area stored in the FloorPLANNER map.
    The drawback, depending on where your zones to be cleaned are located, is that although the robot will not purposely clean outside of the area designated by the CleanZones, it may still sometimes travel through non-CleanZone areas.

Hope this helps!

• rorororororo Member

I second the request for the feature to set up no-clean zones which will be respected when the robot is cleaning the whole flat.

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Supposed to be in the next major release.