Whatever you do, do not buy this machine

DagDag Member

Hi,
I have owned a Purei9 for a couple of years now and I must say that I think it was a waste of money.
Quite early I send it for service since the function was so far away from promised. But it returned without a comment so I think that there was no mechanical problem with it.

Software upgrade after upgrade but still not even close to perform in level with the price I payed for it or was promised by marketing.

Now I give up and leave it for recycling. Sad, but what to do?

Regards

Comments

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunate. I have 2, both work great.

• vespamanvespaman Member

Why not try selling it? I'm sure you'll get a fair bit of money for it!

• I can recycle it for you if you like :-) If you live in Sweden

• You mention that the function was so far away from promised, what exactly do you mean by that? Did it not clean properly, or do you mean something else?

• DagDag Member

Hi juliatatkowska,
    some examples:

• It rarely finds it way back to the docking station in order to charge
    • It has never even tryed to enter the rooms next to the docking station to which the threshold is about 5mm high.
    • Still it sometimes tryes to climb over much higher obsticals and get stuck.
    • Some times it has been cleaning same small area over and over again.
    • After the last upgrade it get stuck in carpet tassels that never has been a problem before.
      There is nothing wrong with the vacuum cleaning as such but it is quite noisy.

Regards

• MartinKwarnmarkMartinKwarnmark Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi Dag,
    That sounds like a get lost case for the robot. Below some general tips and tricks to get a better experience before you recycle.

Place the charger centrally in the cleaning surface. Be sure to place the charger against a wall. Works great under furniture as long as there is free space on the sides of the charger.

Do not move the robot by hand during cleaning. It will make it confused especially at the beginning as it has not learned the area it is cleaning in. Later on when it knows
    your home it will be easier to find where it has been placed but it will look confused for a while before it grasps what has happened.

Do you have rugs that are difficult to vacuum for a human, the robot will most likely also find it difficult. Block or roll up the carpets the first time the robot runs as it learns the area it should clean.

Other carpets are difficult for the robot as they push the robot in one direction and brake it in the other direction. It usually goes well when there are not many things on the carpet but if you have chairs and tables with many legs the robot can find it difficult to know where it is when the swivels make the carpet push the robot more or less and it has to find where it is over and over again.

Each time it starts and ends in the charger without getting lost it will save or update the map in memory. If you can help the robot succeed a few times, it will get better. Block difficult carpets and lift up chairs.

Don't recycle yet let us try to help you out instead.