Create zones

SoniaSonia โœญ

Hi, how do i create zone maps?

Bot currently cleans entire house each time but I'd like to set certain spaces more frequently.

Thx ๐Ÿ™‚

0 votes

Active ยท Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Sonia,
    Use the FloorPlanner part of the application to create zones and manage your maps. THere is also an extensive help there with tips and tricks on how the robot creates maps and how to use zones.
    The FloorPlanner can be accessed via the front screen on the link or through the hamburger menu on the top left of the screen.

If you don't have a FloorPlanner option you will need to update the application from the Appstore (iOS) or Playstore (Android).
    Your robot will also need to be updated. That is done through the Pure i app. If you don't see an automatic popup in the app about the update you can find it under "Robot Settings" in the app.

Hope that helps

• jhojho โœญ

@MartinKwarnmark, how long it take the rob to create a map. as each completed job doesn't mean all rooms have been covered. Is there any way to force it to explore new areas?

• There is no way to force the robot to explore new areas. If you have rooms that it can get to, but it can get out to you can do like this.
    1. If you have a map you would like to expand into new rooms, remove all defined zones. (may be it easiest to rmove the map and start fresh)
    2. If you started fresh, make one cleaning where it covers the most of the area you want to clean. Starta a cleanign and wiat for it to finish. Don't place any zones on the map.
    3. Move charger and robot to the place where it can't get in to, but it can get out of. Start a new cleaning and let it clean. If it gets out to an area where it has a map it will understand they belongs together. You will see the grey background map in the app. Press home and int should go back to the charger. The map is saved when the robots get back to its charger.
    4. Move the charger and robot back to where you want to have it. Start a cleaning again and wait until the grey background map is shown in the app. it might take a few regions. Press home. When the robot gets back it will save the new home position.
    5. Define zones. The map will not be updated after this step.