Create zones

SoniaSonia Member ✭

Hi, how do i create zone maps?

Bot currently cleans entire house each time but I'd like to set certain spaces more frequently.

Thx πŸ™‚

0 votes

Active Β· Last Updated

Comments

• MartinKwarnmarkMartinKwarnmark Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi Sonia,
    Use the FloorPlanner part of the application to create zones and manage your maps. THere is also an extensive help there with tips and tricks on how the robot creates maps and how to use zones.
    The FloorPlanner can be accessed via the front screen on the link or through the hamburger menu on the top left of the screen.

If you don't have a FloorPlanner option you will need to update the application from the Appstore (iOS) or Playstore (Android).
    Your robot will also need to be updated. That is done through the Pure i app. If you don't see an automatic popup in the app about the update you can find it under "Robot Settings" in the app.

Hope that helps

• jhojho Member ✭

@MartinKwarnmark, how long it take the rob to create a map. as each completed job doesn't mean all rooms have been covered. Is there any way to force it to explore new areas?

• NiclasKNiclasK Member, Moderator mod

There is no way to force the robot to explore new areas. If you have rooms that it can get to, but it can get out to you can do like this.
    1. If you have a map you would like to expand into new rooms, remove all defined zones. (may be it easiest to rmove the map and start fresh)
    2. If you started fresh, make one cleaning where it covers the most of the area you want to clean. Starta a cleanign and wiat for it to finish. Don't place any zones on the map.
    3. Move charger and robot to the place where it can't get in to, but it can get out of. Start a new cleaning and let it clean. If it gets out to an area where it has a map it will understand they belongs together. You will see the grey background map in the app. Press home and int should go back to the charger. The map is saved when the robots get back to its charger.
    4. Move the charger and robot back to where you want to have it. Start a cleaning again and wait until the grey background map is shown in the app. it might take a few regions. Press home. When the robot gets back it will save the new home position.
    5. Define zones. The map will not be updated after this step.

• knokno Member ✭
    edited December 2020

Hello,

I am newly mapping our home and was wondering whether the advice in this post still applies to FW version 41.14 .

About point 4., why is it important to move the charger also? couldn't you just place the robot at the start point (a previously unmapped room that's connected to a mapped room) and press play without having to move the charger?

Thanks!

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

About point 4 you are correct. Using 41.14 it is not necessary to move the charger. Simply put the robot in the unmapped area and start. At the time of writing the previous post the robot software was only allowed to alter FloorPlanner maps if it started and finished in the charger, but now it only has to finish in the charger.

• lennonx7lennonx7 Member ✭
    Hello people ! I hope you are, all well!

I bought a pure i9, received it today, and I have some doubts about the functioning of the robo vacuum,
    first: does it have a really loud engine noise?

second: my robot vacuumed the whole house and did not map any room.

third: there is a physical button on the robot, which according to the manual is the smart mapping function, however when I press it it only does a quick cleaning and does not map anything.

fourth: in the app there is a function to schedule a cleaning, and I made several attempts to schedule a cleaning at a specific time and it doesn't run.

I am very dissatisfied, I want to know if anyone has had these problems and how to solve them.

and excuse me for my canned English.

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

Hi Lennonx7- sorry to hear you're not loving the robot.

Let's see if I can help with some of your questions:

1- The robot has multiple power settings. You can reduce the noise by changing to a lower power setting. Of course the dust pickup will not be quite as powerful, but if you have to clean while you are at home this is a useful option. The pure i9.2 has a third, even quieter mode.

2- There are a number of suggestions in this forum about mapping problems. I won't repeat them, but the main thing to do to make sure you get a map is to see that the robot makes its way home without getting lost on tricky carpets, etc. Surf around in this forum to read the other suggestions.

3- What was the symbol on the button you pressed? There is no mapping button- it sounds like you pressed the spot clean button, which cleans a 1m square in front of the robot- it is made for cleaning up spills in a particular spot.

4- The schedule problem (I saw your post in the other thread) may be caused by the robot having the wrong idea of the time. If you have a pure i9 you will see the time on the robot's display (pure i9.2 doesn't have this display). Is that time right? Have you onboarded the robot (paired it with the app) so that you can start and stop it from the app? Onboarding the robot should also synchronise its clock with the time on your phone, from where you set up the schedule. Try onboarding again and checking the schedule function after that.

I hope this gives you some help and encouragement.

• BrentBrent Member ✭

Hi there. I have tried to find a way to create zones in the Floor Planner but my only option there is to rename the map or delete it. Tapping on the map does nothing. I have 3 rooms in my apartment, the robot has found them all, but I want to separate them so I can clean some zones rather than all.

• frekanfrekan Member, Moderator mod

Hi,

What model of the robot do you have? It’s not a purei8 is it? In which case it does not have support for zone cleanings.

• BrentBrent Member ✭

Hi @frekan, yes it is i8 so that explains it. Thanks.