Firmware 39.19

Dear All,

I am not fully satisfied with the new updates.

Since then (3 cleaning cycles) the robot does not want to go to the bathroom (it was not a problem earlier) and it missed the wardrobe once, even, it was there one and it is shown on the map.

I moved the device to the hallway, then it went to the bathroom, but did not draw any map, although, it went back to the charging station in a very clever way.

Comments

• Follow the step in the app to alert the bot to the missed space.

• @mrmegadeth said:
    Follow the step in the app to alert the bot to the missed space.

Thank you, I'll try that.

• Now after a few cleaning cycles some hint for the others that might help to undestand:

For example the robot has entered into the wardrobe at the 1st cleaning, but it missed it at the 2nd and 3rd, but entered to the bathroom.

So after 2 cycles that missed to enter the wardrobe it has disappered from the map.

What I will do: delete the floor plan, separate the apartment to two slices (block the device physically to enter), and make 2 cleaning, so I will have a complete map if it will enter to every room you want.

• frekanfrekan mod
    edited September 18

Hi @galz

**Here are some tips to help you along: **
    -The robot can create or update its FloorPLANNER map if it makes a successful cleaning that starts and ends in the charger. As you have seen, the robot can also form a map based on multiple cleanings. These cleanings can have different starting positions, but must still start and end in the charger.
    -The map is only updated as long as there are no zones defined on it. Adding a zone freezes the map, removing all zones unfreezes it.
    -In some cases it may be easier for the robot to find its way out of a room, than it is to get in.

**So what you may want to try the following: **
    -Remove all zones from your map.
    -Place the robot and charger (with power plugged in) in the room that it has not been able to add to the map. Start the cleaning.
    -The robot cleans its way out into the previously mapped area, continues to clean and makes its way back to the charger after the cleaning. When looking for the charger the robot will be more persistent in trying to find a way back.
    -After this run you should get a full map (the map you started with + the area where the robot started the cleaning).
    -Put the charger back in the position where you want it and run a full cleaning. This is so that the robot can update where the charger is located.
    -Now you can add zones which will disable further changes to the map.

Hope this helps!

• I have a problem with this door opening that is not near 2,2 cm high. Often it won’t go in but it’s maybe like 1 out of 5 times which makes it hard to do a map with that room. Is there anything to do here?

• How high the highest point on the threshold measured from the wooden floor?

I am not sure but it works, but you could try to place a rug behind the threshold on the tiled floor.

• It is about 9 mm in in two stages so in total 18 mm and the first stage is 100 mm wide.

• Ok, It can be a combination of deep and high threshold. The robot need to see floor after the threshold to be sure it is not climbing into a hole. Picture yourself looking from the camera on the robot. If the highest point is at the back of the threshold the shadow from the threshold will be longer than if the highest point was at the front of the threshold.

If you want to find out if this is the case, I guess you can start it in the room with tiled floor and see if it tries to climb out.

• It could also be that the window in the background gets reflected in the glossy floor, so the robot cannot see enough floor beyond the threshold to ensure that it can climb safely. You could try to pull the blinds down or clean in the evening once, to see if it goes in then.

• Getting out is not a problem. Most of the time it doesn't see the first stage at a threshold from the view of the bathroom, it just clean that part too and then climb down and continues. It just the part of getting in there. From the view of the robot it should not be a problem seeing the floor but it is glossy. I can try setting something up to see if it goes in there but the thing is just that it should clean there without any problems. I hope in the future at least:)

• I have spent the last 3 hours to try to remotely start the robot without success.

• First, it failed the clean the entire apartment job and somehow considered the cleaning done after 1 minute.

• Second, if I press the Play button, it says for a second that Starting the cleaning, but it does not happen and says I am ready again. I have tried it at least 10 times.

• Third, I create a sceduled job 5 minutes after, but the cleaning does not start and the setting disappeares. I did it at least 10 times without success.

Kind of annoying.

• @mrmegadeth said:
    Follow the step in the app to alert the bot to the missed space.

How do you do that? I don't find how you can tell "you missed a spot!"

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth ✭✭✭

@niemepet Open the app>>Floor Planner>>i in the upper right

Scroll right to the last info-graphic (Good-to-know)