Firmware 38.7

mrmegadethmrmegadeth ✭✭✭

Got a message saying 38.7 is available. Thought I'd make a new entry to track the experience.

Comments

• mrmegadethmrmegadeth ✭✭✭

Looks like a lot of goodies...

• Could not upgrade thru cloud .. worked fine with usb cable, tnx for instructions as above. Feels like it moves smoother and smarter. testtime...

Yeah, I cannot either....seems like the cloud is "busy"

Finally got it to update. Here goes nothings.... ;)

So far I have a veeeeeeeeeeery different cleaning pattern than I'd normally see.

• Cloud upgrade went smoothly after a couple of attempts. Great to see some new software coming through. Thank you!

Well, 1st run on the new firmware ended with it dead under the bed. Never happened before.

Well, that's all around wrong. I put a red dot where the bot really was. Plus, the stuff at the top of the map, little tail sticking up, is impossible... There is a wall

• The map for my apartment was totally wrong as well. The clean went ok, and the robot returned home easily, however the map doesn’t reflect the clean. This has never been a problem before.

• My robot seems totally lost with this upgrade, wandering around and doesn´t clean the whole room.

It was bad on carpets before, now it is not functioning at all on my carpets.
    Just enter, start the brush, spins around and then leave the carpet.

Goes for a long detour searching for the starting point when returning.

Does not update the map correctly.

Are you sure about this version Electrolux?

• edited May 22

My robot was acting really strange after the update. It certainly did not remember where it been when it went back and forth at one place. It finally lost itself under the dining table after trying to find the charger. I helped it out after some minutes since I felt bad for it ;-)
    I turned it off and on this morning and started another session. It did work according to the drawn map - looked as it mostly does (avoided going under the table though). Maybe a restart would be needed for all our robots?!?!

After the last firmware update the bot took a bit to "be normal". I'll try a reset and a little time.

• eLPiieLPii
    edited May 22

I can agree with all of the above. While before my i9 managed to clean whole apartment in ca. one hour, now it takes 60 mins to clean roughly half of it. It gets stuck at random places, struggling to move further, and ignores large parts of the apartment.

• I received a i9 yesterday, it had software 33.x something, it was terrible. Could not find the way, just acted totally erratically. Upgraded to latest version and the little machine only vacuums about 19 m2 in 40 minutes then run out of battery and cannot find charging station and dies on the floor. This is a extremely poor result, I even moved chairs and stuff out of the way to make it simpler to clean but result was even worse that run. I'm sorry but this machine is not a keeper, I'll return it and go for a laser model instead, a Neato or Xiaomi.

• WorkaWorka
    edited May 22

At the moment I am very happy with the new Firmware, but I have been happy before.

At the first run, it noticed the silicone mat in front of my cat litterbox as an medium pile carpet. So it cleaned it at last.

I would like him to handle it that way every time but mostly he does not notice the mat as an carpet or thinks it is a short pile carpet.

With the new Firmware it cleans 31 - 33 m² in 36 - 50 Minutes, what ist likely the same area/time as before.

• WorkaWorka
    edited May 22

What does "The robot will remember where it has cleaned previously, in order to optimize its cleaning pattern" mean?

Does it mean that the map of previous runs is saved and the robot knows the geometry of my appartement?

Would be a great step forward for an possible room selection feature.

Successful run today after yesterday's issues.

• Today he did not clean 1/2 of my living room. There are no thresholds.

First time ever he failed cleaning the room.

• I started a new run a few minutes ago.

The map of the failed run ist gone now.

It is replaced in the apps start view by the map of the actual run and the map of the first run is not shown in the cleaning history.

There is no entry in the cleaning history for today.

I had an app update this morning, Samsung S7 on Verizon (USA), maybe check that

• No Update for the german version of the pureI9 (AEG RX9 in germany).

The actual run was almost perfect. He missed a small part of my bathroom.

He die not miss that part before.

I will reset him now and see what he will do tomorrow.

• Sh*t f***ing f*** 0.o

I've put the 38.7 over my previous 36.? and now the robot is freaking arround, bumping plain of things, cleaning some places 2-3times and just cleans the half of the floors/rooms...

What happened?!?! I want my 36 firmware back!!! That's not serious guys!!!

(German AEG RX9 version)

• Nearly 2 minutes in average to clean 1 square meter. That’s not good enough!

• raahlbraahlb admin

@Worka, yes, it keeps a map. Yeah, room selection is a possible future feature... :)

• Todays Run was perfect.

@DeLol said:
    What happened?!?! I want my 36 firmware back!!! That's not serious guys!!!

(German AEG RX9 version)

When 36 came we hated it. It was a disaster. Go look at the old threads. Took about 2 weeks and a few resets and 36 started to work great (no other changes except the resets).

Give it some time.

• In my observation, the fixes are just stability, no improvement in algorithm and cleaning ability. Surprising to me the triangle shape design did not utilize that shape advantage and it was too focused on avoidance and ended up skipping furniture corners leaving triangular area missed. Logically when faced with a triangle corner, you should veer left, move forward and then veer right move forward. But it behaves like any square bot instead cutting across. It cleaning coverage is only around 93% as compared to other 98-99%.

The company should observe how a classic vacuum swivel head would move in order to clean corners.

• What a complete joke 38,7 is... My apartment are totally unrecognisable on the map. That small part of it it shows before the batteries are drained after cleaning the same area again again and again... Seems like it don't even try to get home for charging anymore.

• @Zugie Sorry for you problmes with the robot. Can you show some screenshots of a few different runs? It would also be good if you can describe the environment, e.g. what types of floor there are, carpets etc.
    Follow the instruction https://community.purei9.com/discussion/260/collecting-debug-information-for-troubleshooting to get the log files and upload it to the forum so we can see what is going on.

Thanks!