Roller Brush Stuck

My i9 has stopped working. Error message is "Roller brush is stuck", but cleaning did not help. I replaced the roller brush with a new on and still get the same message. I suspect that there is something caught in the brush drive but I do not see how to disassemble the unit to get to the drive area. Any suggestion on where I can find info on how to open the unit?

Comments

• raahlbraahlb admin

Hi,
    It is not recommended for you to open the unit yourself. You should send the unit in for service.

• I have the same problem, it is caused by the drive bearing getting fluff / hair around it, and overheating the bearing. Where can I get spares for the i9? I assume I need to replace the whole drive system for the roller, although the motor, drive shaft, and belts are ok.

• Hi,

As @raahlb said, it is not recommended to open the robot yourself. Send the robot for service.

• Well that's really helpful. Not. The unit is out of warranty, and for the last 40 years I have serviced electro-mechanical things.
    So, where can I get the spares I need?

• NiclasKNiclasK
    edited August 6

Hi,
    I talked to service and I think the part you need is https://shop.electrolux.se/c/vals-modul-brushroll/p/4060001379
    Please note that Electrolux can't give you any instructions on how to replace this part. Be careful to not move any parts that will invalidate the camera/laser calibration and make sure the electronics doesn't get damaged by ESD.

I saw your unit is out of warranty, but if others are reading this, the warranty will not be valid if you replace the parts yourself.

• Thanks for the information. I'll try to get the part.
    I am familiar with ESD protection protocols, and your comment about calibration is noted.

• Hi Guys,
    I've phoned Electrolux NZ and they told me I had to go through the website for parts. I've attempted to use the web page request form and the on-line chat facility but I'm being ignored. Can you do anything from that end?

• Sorted, parts ordered. It just took Electrolux NZ 4 hours to respond to E Mail and chat messages. Thanks for the part number.

• Part fitted and reassembled, software updated, all ok. Thanks for your help.
    The new software works better than the last, navigation is better and docking is better.

• Well done!
    Good to hear that the SW is worikng better for you.