How to prevent the wheel noise on tiles.

As you know, the purei9 has these 3 roller wheels which because of the small size rumbles loudly on tile floors and grouts lines. I have muffled them by sticking wider hard slider skid pads underneath, with the one at a back slightly higher by foam tape to keep the brush and sensor working. Hope it helps for those who are getting complaints from downstairs neighbor.

Comments

• apjapj Member

Thank you so much for this idea! Now I can let the robot do its job without guilty conscience about my neighbors downstairs!
    I have used two smaller (30mm) gliders in front which fit nicely next to the front wheels:

• DarrenDarren Member

Glad you find it useful. Do remember to clean the pads often as rough debris accumulated may scratch the wooden floor. Mine is floor tiles, so I have little concern.

if you happen to have car wax to spare, does help too.

• apjapj Member

@Darren said:
    Glad you find it useful. Do remember to clean the pads often as rough debris accumulated may scratch the wooden floor

Thanks for the heads-up, I will check on them often. The bathroom has slate flooring which is quite uneven and has already left deep scratches on the rear glider. I will have to keep an eye on the glider-wear as well.

• johan81johan81 Member

Where can i buy these?

• apjapj Member

Hello @johan81 I've bought mine in the local hardware store. To give you an idea it is something like these here https://gleitgut.de/ptfe-moebelgleiter/ptfe-klebegleiter/

• OwsiOwsi Member

Don't they lift the main roller brush up off the floor?

• apjapj Member

@Owsi said:
    Don't they lift the main roller brush up off the floor?

Yes, they do a little - the trick here is to have a slightly thicker glider pad in the rear which tilts the robot to the front again. Dust uptake is still very good.

• OwsiOwsi Member

Thank you. I'l try that.

• apjapj Member
    edited June 7

Thank you again for bearing with me!
    Please note the wear pattern: The pads in the front take the full brunt where as the bigger pad in the rear simply helps to keep the robot in the right position.
    Please do also compare the condition of the bezel covering the roller brush on my robot and yours (mine is in duty since Dec 2019 and has done 6200m2 as of today and the bezel covering the brush roll still is in "mint condition" where as the one of your robot appears to be ground to the bottom)