Can I use the robotic vacuum if I have pets at home?

PUREi9PUREi9 admin

Can I use the robotic vacuum if I have pets at home?

Best Answers

• PUREi9PUREi9 admin
    Accepted Answer

Yes. We suggest that you do not leave the pet(s) alone with the robotic vacuum.

Important: Any kind of damage/malfunction caused by pets is not covered by the warranty.

Answers

• you can know more about deebot m80. and let me know if you have anything to share or ask.

• The problem is if e.g. the dog needs to take a emergency dump, but I suppose the i9 should detect it properly and not smear it around your home. But I would not bet any money on it...

• My cat plays chicken run :-) who moves first! I wonder if this is causing issues in the cleaning logic - finding cat obstacles everywhere?

• @LaZi said:
    My cat plays chicken run :-) who moves first! I wonder if this is causing issues in the cleaning logic - finding cat obstacles everywhere?

Sounds like your cat is having fun :)
    Cat obstacles may make the cleaning time longer and cause the robot to miss some places where the cat has been in the way. Normally the cat should disappear from the map after awhile but sometimes a dynamic obstacle may block some areas.

• i have bought my vacuum from best vacuum for pet hair

• I think this kind of answer can be worrying. I have 2 cats, both 8-10 months old; they are suspicious, curious, think about to play with it, looking for where the robot is going, waiting and standing in front of the robot, see if he stops or not, if they have enough they just sit on their cat tree, knowing it is a safe place (even sitting on the floor level).. : having observed it a while I let the robot and cats on their own doing their job (clean + sleep) - so I have full trust in it and cats are intelligent enough

@PUREi9 said:
    Yes. We suggest that you do not leave the pet(s) alone with the robotic vacuum.

Important: Any kind of damage/malfunction caused by pets is not covered by the warranty.

• RafaelRafael ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just spoke with another Purei9 owner who has 2 cats. She mentioned they see the robot as a toy and try to play with it all the time.

One of the issues is that sometimes cats press the buttons and when the start buttons is pressed, the robot obviously start cleaning. This has happened in the middle of the night already which is not a pleasant situation (except for the cats :) ).

Would be great to have an option in the app to disable the buttons. So pets (and maybe small kids?) would never turn the robot on.

• Hi Rafael,
    Good ide with button deactivation through app.
    In the meantime the remedy is to pop the dustbin out and let it sit then the robot cant start.