Robot not behaving normally, please help

So I purchased my robot last week and for the past 3 days have been trying to get it to work correctly.

First I had it in my front office with aspirations that it would start cleaning there, move into the hallway from there and clean the dining room, living room, and kitchen. Unfortunately this seems like a pipe dream now. After multiple trials, the robot only made it to the hallway, said it was done cleaning and returned home. Never was able to get any further.

Frustrated I moved it into the living room, a big open area. It had trouble here as well, cleaning 5-10 square feet then returning home. Tried it again when I got home just now and it cleaned only 66 square feet in 36 minutes on eco mode. Once again thought the job was done and returned home. I have the sporadic maps if anyone is interested.

While it was cleaning the 66 square feet it would only drive forward about one foot, stop, look around and backtrack to vacuum the same areas over and over. I can’t for the life of me figure out why it just simply can not follow a wall and work it’s way inwards like the instructions claim. It seems very confused, sometimes does multiple 360’s before it sets off again. There seems to be no method to the cleaning, I don’t believe it has the 2nd pass through technology like the roomba so I think it’s just confused.

I bought this thinking that this was the most sophisticated navigation but 66 square feet in over half an hour is ridiculous. Yesterday before I moved it to the living room it had a E92 error, reset it and it at least undocked. I would like to say it may just have a hard time learning my home but I’ve read it has no memory function. If it is this sporadic every time, my small home will never get cleaned.

Is this not not designed for carpet? This is the only thing I can think of, the bumper maybe getting stuck and the robot thinking it’s done and return home. Please help Electrolux, I would love to keep my Pure i9 but I’m having so much trouble. I have reset it, I do not have it in direct sunlight, the lenses are not dirty because it’s only 3 days old. The robot also emits sort of a loud buzzing when the vacuum is off and returning home. I don’t know if I remember that buzzing the first times I used it. If anyone has any recommendations I’m all eat. Thank you everyone for your time.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer

@boestad said:

@Electrobutler said:

I didn’t know robot vacuums weren’t actually able to vacuum, their sole purpose. They should be called sweep robots if that is all they can do on hard surfaces.

Pure i9 avoids carpets that are thicker than 22 mm. It will also do a check of carpets that are moderately thick (15-22 mm). That is why it is doing a 360 degrees spin to feel the drive resistance of the carpet. If it is within drivable values the robot will clean the carpet. Otherwise it will not.

My Purei9 robot manages both 15 mm and 20 mm carpets in my home...

I’m glad it works in your home because it doesn’t for me. The length of the carpet I don’t think is the problem, something is either wrong with the navigation or bumper. I’m not bothering to find out anymore though, if Customer service doesn’t care why should I? A warning to anyone thinking of buying this robot. Thank you for a solid answer though.

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry to hear that you got off to a bad start with the robot! First I'd just like to check that you have upgraded it to the latest software version (36.13 at the time of writing), since that fixes some problems that users have reported, with the robot getting lost.

Second, do you have any room with hard floors? It's usually easier for the robot to start on hard floor and then climb up on carpets. If a carpet is too thick for the robot to navigate properly on, it will then avoid it or immediately climb off it again after testing the surface. This function exists because very thick carpets can be slippery for the wheels, causing problems for the navigation and cleaning pattern.

• @magnus_lindhe said:
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you got off to a bad start with the robot! First I'd just like to check that you have upgraded it to the latest software version (36.13 at the time of writing), since that fixes some problems that users have reported, with the robot getting lost.

Second, do you have any room with hard floors? It's usually easier for the robot to start on hard floor and then climb up on carpets. If a carpet is too thick for the robot to navigate properly on, it will then avoid it or immediately climb off it again after testing the surface. This function exists because very thick carpets can be slippery for the wheels, causing problems for the navigation and cleaning pattern.

The robot is running 36.13, the app version is 6.0. The only hard surface i have is tile in the entry, where I can not set it up and my kitchen which is also not possible. It seems I’ll just have to return it, the carpet may be too much for the robot which is a shame. I didn’t know robot vacuums weren’t actually able to vacuum, their sole purpose. They should be called sweep robots if that is all they can do on hard surfaces.

• @Electrobutler said:

Thank you for a solid answer though.

You are welcome. It is unlucky that it does not work perfectly for you.

• @boestad said:

@Electrobutler said:

Thank you for a solid answer though.

You are welcome. It is unlucky that it does not work perfectly for you.

You’re insinuating that I’m being difficult but cleaning 5-10 square ft at a time is far from perfect, not including other problems it has had. Unlucky suggest luck is even a factor, it is not. A company built a product that simply does not work in my scenario, a product it doesn’t support adequately, had they gave certain precautions to customers we wouldn’t be wasting each other’s time right now. Instead it is marketed as the worlds best robotic vacuum. It is not, but please continue your jabs it only confirms the unprofessionalism I have already experienced.

• @Electrobutler you have misunderstood my comment I afraid, I was not trying to insinuate anything. I am genuinely sorry that your Pure i9 doesn't work as you expected.