Error E:23

guyerlandguyerland Member

Unfortunately my robot has stopped working with an E:23 error code!

I've tried removing and re-attaching the batteries, then cleaning the charging base and contacts, nothing has worked so far

US support also hasn't responded.

Any advice?

Answers

• Hi!

E:23 means that there are no batteries in the robot (or that the connection is broken). Could you check the battery connectors to see if they are damaged somehow, or if any of the cables are not properly crimped to the connector? If you have a voltmeter, you could also measure the battery voltage on the two crimp terminals that are connected to the thicker red and black cables from the battery connector. (Just watch out - don't use a multimeter in current measurement mode! That will short-circuit the batteries.) The battery voltage should be around 7 to 8 V, and similar on both battery packs.

Let us know how it goes!

• MillieMillie Member

Hi, I also now have an e23 error. Should I just buy new batteries??

• Hi!
    I also discovered the robot with the same problem.
    The batteries voltage is around **5V ** only!
    Strange that this happened just after the lastest FW update

• robpkrobpk Member

Same issue to. After the update it's coming up with this error tried cleaning the base as well

• BrentJBrentJ Member

Mine started with an E99 or something like that and after pressing the start button a few times it says OFF then E23 error.

• eebeeeebee Member ✭✭

same problem. How long do batteries last?

• RuchiBRuchiB Member

Same problem. Getting E23

• VimFuagoVimFuago Member ✭✭

Same problem here. e23 error. Robot was on the base and we noticed it didn't clean yesterday.

Any advice?

New batteries has fixed mine.

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

Hi all

As magnus explained earlier, E23 means that the robot can't detect that the batteries are in place. It can be that the connectors are not seated correctly, or that they have broken, or that there is some problem within the battery pack itself. The packs contain electronics to safely manage charging etc. so they are not simply battery cells.

The batteries can last for years, but like any device which is used for many cycles, it is unfortunately possible for them to break earlier.

• Magnus

my model is a purei9 purchased in 2018 and I have new batteries and done all the cleaning etc and check voltage. - all is in order yet I still get the E23 error.

what more can I do?

edited February 2

Mine has developed e:23 problem today. Batteries were bought from UK Electrolux less than 4 months ago. (And did fix the problem for 4 months)

What's going on here? Are these batteries poor quality? Or old stock? Bad luck?

Asked for replacements, let's see what happens.

Electrolux are dragging their heels responding to my part replacement email :-(

Grrrr, spend over 2 hours on the phone today with Electrolux, being pushed between different departments and put in queues for 30+ minutes each time.

Still unable to get my batteries replaced under warranty.

Electrolux UK really are very very bad when it comes to customer service. Getting very frustrated, and the cleaner is about to visit it's final destination very soon if I can' this thing fixed.

edited February 16

Well a 1 star trustpilot review appears to have spurred them into action. A pair of warranty replacement batteries arrived yesterday, and immediately fixed the issue for me.

It definitely seems that one of the batteries that was supplied a few months back failed prematurely.

I'm not overly convinced by the new batteries, vac was out for 14 minutes and is now back in the dock recharging, before going to to continue its clean. Doesn't sound right? Perhaps it needs to re-learn battery drain, levels, so will monitor for a few days.

• CraigusCraigus Member

I made sure my charging base was level against the wall. My robot was not docking properly showing an E23 error . Have now moved the base and it has corrected it self by docking and charging correctly. Well this seemed to work for me.😀