Apartment with two levels with 5 steps between

Hi, maybe this is for development. If you have an apartment with two level floors with 5 steps between, would it be possible to make the Pi9 use a ramp to travel between the different levels?

Answers

• The ramp would most likely need to be pretty steep to rise five steps (unless you make it very long). The robot will not drive up a ramp that steep.

• CH2018CH2018
    edited November 7

Of course the steepness is relevant. Half stairs may also have shallow and extra long steps so everything can be relative. But then maybe a max angle could be tested and checked. It is still rubber on the large wheels and if the ramp has a friction surface it should work.

• Let’s say that the angle of the ramp can be max 20 degrees (after the dev team checks what is possible). Maybe the robot’s eye can recognise a certain colour (?) on a tape placed in both ends so it knows where the ramp starts and ends so it can remember where it is located to be able to returning to base station.

• I'd like to know this as well, I have different levels in my home theatre, currently served by a Trilobite which has to be moved between the levels. If a ramp could be made working, it'd be great.
    I have contemplating building a elevator carrying the charger, and have the Pi9 start cleaning when it is on the different levels. But it is quite complicated... :smile: