Thanks for your comments and questions over the years. We haven’t been able to answer them all, but we have been able to fix problems for many of you and improve the product for everyone as a result of the conversations here. Electrolux will, however, no longer be maintaining this forum. We advise you to contact your local Electrolux service organisation if you have any problems with your robots.

Apartment with two levels with 5 steps between

CH2018CH2018 Member ✭✭

Hi, maybe this is for development. If you have an apartment with two level floors with 5 steps between, would it be possible to make the Pi9 use a ramp to travel between the different levels?

Answers

• markTmarkT Member, Administrator admin

The ramp would most likely need to be pretty steep to rise five steps (unless you make it very long). The robot will not drive up a ramp that steep.

• CH2018CH2018 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Of course the steepness is relevant. Half stairs may also have shallow and extra long steps so everything can be relative. But then maybe a max angle could be tested and checked. It is still rubber on the large wheels and if the ramp has a friction surface it should work.

• CH2018CH2018 Member ✭✭

Let’s say that the angle of the ramp can be max 20 degrees (after the dev team checks what is possible). Maybe the robot’s eye can recognise a certain colour (?) on a tape placed in both ends so it knows where the ramp starts and ends so it can remember where it is located to be able to returning to base station.

• vespamanvespaman Member ✭✭

I'd like to know this as well, I have different levels in my home theatre, currently served by a Trilobite which has to be moved between the levels. If a ramp could be made working, it'd be great.
    I have contemplating building a elevator carrying the charger, and have the Pi9 start cleaning when it is on the different levels. But it is quite complicated... :smile: