Stop cleaning with voice command
Occasionally I work from home, but not frequently enough to let that influence my robot cleaning schedule. That means that sometimes my robot starts cleaning on schedule, but I need a quick way of cancelling the cleaning session.
I setup the IFTTT connection to the robot to have a stop command by voice over Google Assistant. It was super easy.
- Download the IFTTT app and create an account
- Create a new "Applet" and choose Google Assistant for "If This" (login with Google account when asked)
- Use "Say a simple phrase", enter "Stop cleaning" as phrase and enter a response if you want (I used "Robot aborting cleaning mission") and press "Create Trigger"
- Choose Pure i9 for "Than That" (login with Pure i9 account when asked) and press "Send command" as action
- Choose the robot you want to control, and select the command "Cancel and finish cleaning" and press "Create Action"
That's it. Now, when the robot starts at an inconvenient moment, I just say "OK Google, Stop cleaning". The robot stops immediately and returns back to the charger station.
Obviously I have created a "OK Google, Start cleaning" to start a cleaning session when I am about to leave home as well.